Thursday, April 26, 2012

Together Is The Best Place To Be ~SOUS Original Sketch~


Together Is The Best Place To Be

 Woot Woot! Friday! Another Friday means another reveal at Stuck on U Sketches and my muy talented friend Nanne has designed maybe one of my favorite of all her sketches! Yay, and you've got to go to SOUS to see it...hurry, run...

 Ok, you saw it? Good!

 Here is what I made with it...


 An adorable set of photos from a little backyard fun over at my Mom's house. This is one of my younger sisters, Amy and Cody last October. How little he looked! This is one of my favorite photos of both really. I happened to have photoshopped her out of it just to have these of Cody...sorry sis! LOL!


 I've used mostly items from the Echo Park collection This and That Charming. Bazzill Swiss Dot is the background paper, I've also added some cardboard and cork and a few chip pieces from Sassafras (watering can and flower vase.) And lastly, some pieces of Kaisercraft ribbon tucked here and there...


 This vellum sheet was trimmed to fit and is by Webster Pages (also part of it is the brown banner cut piece under the My Favorite sticker). I really like the added texture with the vellum. You may have to click on the photo to see the Glossy Accents I've added to some of the dots.


 Basic Grey buttons, jute and clear bling and LOTS of ink are about the end of the embellishing...this page was ALL about the little added texture and accents. I LOVED putting this page together! And I'll admit, I liked the sketch so much that I was afraid I couldn't pull through with a page I liked as much. Like too much anticipation and could I pull through? LOL! Who knew this was so hard? Ha!


 Hope you all have an incredible weekend doing whatever...as long as the whatever is the something you want to do! hehe! Us, no plans. Maybe yard work? That needs to be done badly and church. I am looking at hosting a small Bible study class in my home and need to talk with the church staff, we'll see.

 Hugs to alllllll! ~Leah

8 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

This is darling! I love the earthy tones for this too! And I agree... Nanne's sketch is one of the best... loved creating with it and may just need to do it again! ;)

annette said...

Love your layout Leah,it certainly is a happy snap & I can see why it's a favourite .. great colour combo luv'n'hugz X:)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, LOVE your layout and embellishments. very very pretty!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

Leah, LOVE your layout and embellishments. very very pretty!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Wow Leah! I'm loving this layout so much! The layering is just great and the embellishments so cute! Love what you've done with the sketch!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a sweet page! Love your embellishments and all the details and the photo is adorable!

Shona said...

ooooo love this and love the embellishments..to to adorable :)

Fern said...

Leah, this is precious!!! Love, love, love the colors you used and the embellies are too cute!!! Cody is such a cutie!!! Hugs!!