Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wash Scrub Shower ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~


Wash Scrub Shower

 So at Stuck on U Sketches we have a great die cut challenge to share with you all this time around and it's a pretty perfect one because we've had more rain in April then almost the whole year! Well, close I'd guess! So the challenge? April Showers

 I knew I wanted to think outside the box and also because I felt like I've done the flowers thing lately...and don't have any rain photos. So then I started thinking water and got out some bath time photos (I have a ton!) and went with the "shower" part, but adding some touches that still keep it with the April/Spring theme.


 The font and all the cuts other then the ladybug (from Doodlecharms) comes from the Country Life cartridge! A favorite so I was thrilled to finally make some more cuts with it! New ones for me as well! I went a bit nuts with the details so not sure if you can tell but this page took me about 2 days...yikes! Lots of cuts, lots of coloring...lots of everything!


 Love this washbasin and washing board cut! I did a little stamping and lots of coloring and inking.


 Oh this fun little soap bottle is from Everyday Paper Dolls. Did a few cuts, teeny tiny cutting and some coloring.

 And lastly...if we're washing, we need water! And these days you gotta pump it yourself (oh man, can you imagine?) LOL! I've added some punched shapes for a few last touches and another pop of color. The background paper is by Sassafras and the rest is scraps from my stash.


 Its a strange thing to love a page but be SO glad its done...Oh the headache I have now! Plus today will be day 2 of taking a Zumba fitness class! Wow...girls...if you need a workout, this is perfect! You can go as fast or as slow as you want. No one else watches you because they are too busy doing their own thing. My class taught at a local church (not my beliefs so I hope they don't start preaching) for FREE! Yes! I am burning about 3x what I would walking...I need that! Ok...thought I'd share! LOL!

 Have a WONDERFUL weekend! ~Leah

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Such an adorable layout, Leah! It's fun to see all of the little details you added to make it special! :)

Tracey said...

Gorgeous Leah! Love how you think outside the box......great details, fabulous photo's. Your rumba classes sound like a lot of fun:)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the scrapbook layout & photos. You have cut some wonderful images to complement the theme. Makes me somewhat miss the days when my daughter was younger. Thank you for the comment on my Umbrella Shaped Congrats Card. I worked on this for a couple days for some other April Showers challenges and was happy to see that the challenge at SOUS was April Showers.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fabulous and then some! I would never have thought to do this! I am actually working with that clothesline right now and it is very intricate when you get to doing it! Fun photos .. she is so photogenic! Have a great, fun weekend!

Debbie said...

So so cute!!! Love all of the Cricut cuts!! Your daughter looks so grown up! Have a great weekend!

annette said...

wow Leah, this is so adorable, love how you went outside the box .. love the wash tub water pump & wash board .. my grandma used a washboard ...love the photos.. she is beautiful!!!
have fun at zumba !!! lovnhugz X:)

Tammy E. said...

Such a fun page. And great thinking outside the box. Love that clothesline. And your title looks great. Very adorable page.

Nanne said...

Adorable layout Leah.. Love all of those cute cuts, plus all of the little details you added, the button on the pants for example and the punched edges, AMAZING!!
hugs
Nanné

Scossie Jane said...

Hah, I love this layout Leah. The washing line is superb, and all the cutting details make for a great page, and the photos are fab too... Hugs xx

Brandi said...

I LOVE this page, I can't wait to make on similar. Love your ideas!!!