Thursday, May 24, 2012

Best Friends and Altered Frame ~SOUS Original Sketch by me!~


Best Friends

 Praise the Lord! It is Friday! What a week! I have to tell you guys that I appreciate the caring comments I have gotten when I've expressed some of the grief going on at home with the kiddo's. Apparently I'm not the only one with little terror's right now (is it this time of year?) but it got bad enough this week that in the middle of the nastiness a hole got put into the wall (no, no one punched anything..but still). Anyways, any caring prayers for this Momma to keep her sanity, I'd appreciate! 

 But enough about that....how about a new sketch, by yours truly for Stuck on U Sketches!
 I've always loved this style of scrapbook page but actually have never made anything like this...so I was very excited about the possibilities, I may have to try this one again...


 And my page...

 Oh yeah...an iPhone picture! Maybe one of my most treasured photos also! Just a simply picture walking to school one morning...I'll admit this picture makes me melt into a thousand pieces...Lord I've never known a love like this!

 All these great details, the prints and cuts came from Enjoy the Season's Imagine cart (minus the Best Friends from the same name cartridge). I've added some brad and pearl details as well...easy and way cute!

 And...I am helping put together a gift for Scotti's teacher for an end of school year gift. A beach basket as I know she's such a fan of the beach, and she's an avid reader so we're getting her a big ol' gift card as well...but here's a quite altered frame I made to include in the basket...which I should photograph and share when that's complete!

  Wonderful...well this weekend is the last full weekend we have as a family before Justin is gone for 2 weeks! So hopefully lots of family fun...and here's to a safe and fun holiday weekend for you guys as well! Hugs to all!

 ~Leah

10 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

Darling layout Leah and that photo is just too, too precious! I love your flower cluster in the middle and how you've embellished it. Great ideas!

Andrea Amu said...

Precious photo and it's frame so perfectly within this awesome split design! I adored this sketch and was so happy with the results of my own interpretation... so thanks for giving us all such a dynamic sketch to create with! Your page looks wonderful and so does that beachy frame!

I really enjoyed my time at SOUS and getting to know you all! Glad to have made some awesome pages AND friends! :) Thanks for always being so welcoming, Leah!

annette said...

gorgeous LO of gorgeous kiddies by a gorgeous mum ...lovely Leah , they make my heart melt too !!! great frame as well .. BTW you in my prayers lov 'n' hugz X:)

Nanne said...

Great layout and I love that you put your imagine along with your imagination to good use..LOL
That frame is adorable with the cluster of leaves, and love that cute little sandcastle and crab..
amazing as always and thank you for the awesome sketch, I absolutely loved it..
Hugs
Nanné

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, there, Miss Leah! So sorry that you've had a bad week. I would never have known .. you've been so perky. But anyway, I wanted to come by and see what you did with the sketch .. which I have to say was absolutely amazing! I loved it and want to do it again soon! Love that photo of the kids .. they are just adorable -- waving hi to them ... and I just loe all that ylou cooked up with your Imagine! Awesome job! SEnt you an email .. shout at me when you get a chance@!

Sandi Smith said...

So sweet Leah...love the sweet photo too!! You scrapped it perfectly!

Tracey said...

Leah, your layout is just gorgeous:) Love the cluster of flowers in the centre. What a fabulous photo of your kids too. ps. I think every mum can relate to the week you have had...I have the odd hole too. I'm quite the expert at patching them up. LOL! Have a fab week.

Shona said...

Love the layout and the frame....beautiful colors and so cheerful

Fern said...

Oh Leah, I'm sorry to hear about the kiddos... My grandkids are the same... Must be just going thru a stage... On the bright side... your layout is too cute!!! And your little ones are precious!!! Hang in there, sweetie, it'll get better!! Hugs!!

Lisa said...

What a fun layout...that photo is adorable! :)