Friday, May 11, 2012

Choo Choo


Choo Choo

 Well it is that time again that we have another sketch challenge for you at Stuck on U Sketches and I'm host this month so this one is by me! I hope you guys like it! Yeah, ok, so the challenge alone was the photos but with a little size tweaking in Photoshop I was good to go! 

 These wonderful photos were taken in June 2007. The amazing part is that almost to the month this photo of Scotti is the exact age of Cody now! I can't believe it...I always look back and think- I had 2 babies! With only a year and a half apart, so Jordyn was not yet 1 1/2. I can not, I repeat...can NOT imagine having my super busy Cody and another baby! Whoa, how the heck did I do that? LOL!


 The yellow orange background paper is by K&Company, the dark blue is Bazzill and the rest is Little Boy by Echo Park, including the train stickers.



 I actually had a bit of a time with this page, had even designed and cut a few things with the Cricut but just felt like the sizes were off and was not able to recut stuff, LOL, so this ended up being a simply embellished page. But to be honest, the colors and SO bold that I don't think anything was hurt by not adding more. I do really like the small buttons details though.


 A bit of a short post for me but I think this bold page speaks for itself! I hope you all enjoyed the sketch and can not wait for you all to join us! Everyone has really been creating some wonderful things lately!

 ~Leah

10 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

What a fun and delightful page! I love the colors for the little ones and the train is just too cute! Great idea to pop the buttons on the page too!

Fern said...

Leah, this is a super cute layout!! Love the bright colors and the train embellies!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs!!

Andrea Amu said...

I think you did a wonderful just with the details for this! The track with the EP train stickers is simply adorable! And yes, i totally enjoyed creating with your sketch for the week! Have a great weekend, my friend!

Andrea Amu said...

I think you did a wonderful just with the details for this! The track with the EP train stickers is simply adorable! And yes, i totally enjoyed creating with your sketch for the week! Have a great weekend, my friend!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Super cute page! I admit I had a heck of a time with this sketch but think it was the papers I started with on the first LO that ended up in the trash. Glad I stuck with it though and got this one done cause I really like it!

Nanne said...

Aaaaaaaw, that is adorable Leah.. Those photos are great and I can relate looking back at my kid's photos as well.. Miss those days..
Hugs
Nanné

Sandi Smith said...

Such a sweet layout Leah and your kids are cuties! Thanks for making me feel so welcome here at SOUS!!

Tracey said...

Such a fun layout Leah!Love the bright colours .Super photos too! Gosh I can so relate to how you felt with the children so close together. My last two are 16 months apart. I had 3 in 3 1/2 years, dont' know how I did it?

Shona said...

this is so much fun! Love the bright colors and very cool embellishments :)

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Sweet page! Love the bright colors and the photos. Great take on the sketch!