Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy Easter ~ABC Challenges~


Happy Easter


 Hey peeps! So even though we are a bit past Easter, it's still Spring and so this isn't too far off, right? Well this fun layout is for the newest challenge at ABC Challenges...we are getting down the alphabet and we're at O....for orange! I liked this a lot because personally I find it a great color that's often over looked, but as the compliment to blue, it should be used way more often! =0) Like try an orangish eyeshadow if you have blue eyes and watch your eyes pop! Ok...off topic...hehe!

 Now sadly this didn't photograph with as strong as the oranges are in person, but it is the main color in the page! Just so you all know I am following the challenge... =0)


 The great title comes from the Easter 2o1o Cricut cartridge with some butterflies from Pooh and Friends and some punched layered flowers. Liquid Pearls fill the flower centers and the butterfly wings.


 Here is the garden scene with bunnies from Create a Critter and the carrots and worms. The hills were all hand cut and layered. With a few more fun details...


 So this layout was a group effort! My scrappy girlfriend did this same page as well for herself, as we were putting these together, she did all the inking for both pages and I worked on the cutting and details like the watercoloring the color for the bunnies, things like that... It is SO fun to do this together and we managed to do this and also have 5 kids in the house! Go Momma's, Go Momma's! hahahaha!


 One last photo to show the great dimension this page has! I made this layout awhile ago and it's still on my frig in the kitchen because I'm so not sick of it yet! LOL! I may pull this out each Easter to sit out! =0)


 Well, I can not wait to come visit everyone for this challenge...I just hope to see LOTS of orange! See you all soon and hope your week is going along smoothly so far!

6 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

This is just too sweet Leah! I love that little bunny and carrot garden! So imaginative and creative of you!

Brandi said...

I am so excited to have this same page and I had so much fun making it with you!!! I just love it!!

Suzi said...

This is adorable Leah, I love the layout, your embellishments and the style. I'm so happy to be joining you all at ABC.
Hugs
Suzi x

Louise said...

What a super fun layout, great design so glad to be on board with you at ABC challenge
Louise

Sandi Cl~ said...

Or-ange you just the cleverest thing?!! Hee Hee! Love your bunnies and that little garden is awesome! So oooooo .. since I know you used to be a m/u artist, did you REALLY use orange shadow with blue eyes?? LOL

Tammy E. said...

Oh my my. This is beyond cute.