Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mom ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge- In Celebration of Mothers~


Mom


 Hey Hey, it's Fri-day! With not too much on the horizon for weekend plans I am looking forward to it! Kinda a rough week with the kiddo's so I'm ready to move on...

 And moving on...today is a Die Cut Challenge day at SOUS and it's an important one for the month of May, In Celebration of Mothers! I knew this would be an interesting one to do but in my search through a photo album my Mom put together of childhood photos of me, I came across these of my Mom that I "borrowed". And don't worry Mom, I scanned them..I don't think she likes the idea of "messing" with photos (meaning, scrapping them, really). So these, not the originals from my Mom's high school/college days. 

 This entire page is something pretty different for me, but I wanted to try a new style (with the circle die cut background) and "fill in the bubbles" kinda idea. All little goodies that tell the story about my Mommy...


 Here are the stunning photos...
 And the beginning of her story, Mom, a cross for her love of the Lord, little "books" cut from printed paper and a stamp library card and mini paperclip for her love of reading and telling stories...


 You can't have my Mom without some puppies, so this guy is from Paper Pups. And that funky chicken reminds us of the farm days growing up, from Country Life.


 One of the most important things to my Mom, next to her family of course, is home. Home means a lot to her so this hand cut paper pieced house is a great symbol to speak of her. I found this small scrap of the ledger paper and a green tree, knowing immediately that it was perfect to tell of my Mom's deep love of nature (something I hope my kids will say about me as well...). I added some punched butterflies with pearls.

 And you can't talk about my Mom without mentioning that she raised 6 kids! Yikes! And for fun I stuck in a lil' holiday sticker because she really, really loves the holidays! And last detail are the handmade (not by me) baking buttons with twine. My Mom is an incredible cook/baker! I call her ALL the time w/ questions!

 I know this challenge could be hard for some but I hope this challenge can be more about the celebration of ALL the woman in our life...can you imagine your life without the other woman in it? I certainly can't, and even the idea is bringing tears to my eyes...

 I really look forward to visiting you all with this challenge...so ya better play along! Good luck for the Top 3! Have a great weekend all!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love this layout! All of the goody-filled circles are so fun! What a great idea. :)

magicwanda said...

OMG....
Leah this is just totally awesome, I love how you did the story telling with the back ground circles...how freakin creative you are!
Big hugs

Tammy E. said...

This is awesome! I love everything about it. It's so creative, and such a cool design!

Lauren said...

What a fantastic LO! I really like the 'bubble' effect.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such a great idea! How cool!

annette said...

I agree "this is freakin awesome" !!
you have depicted your Mum so well in such a creative way !! toot toot to you Leah !!luvnhugz X:)

Tracey said...

Hi Leah, I love the creative way you have planned your layout to tell a story......it looks awesome. Great black and whites of your mum too!

Nanne said...

I'm so glad you were able to incorporate all of your moms' loves on one page like that..
Your layout turned out amazing and I'm sure she will love it when she sees it..
hugs
Nanné