Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer Sweets ~SOUS I Love Summer Challenge~


Summer Sweets

This post is actually going up first for SOUS but most of you will see this as the second post on Friday so thanks for searching for me if you had to! 

 I think some of the fun of this time of year is the challenges that can come with it! So today at Stuck on U Sketches were are hosting our Die Cut Challenge and we've got...I Love Summer
What a delightful challenge! Don't you think!?!

 Here is the fun page I've created...


 Last years trip to our local fair had the best set of photos from it! Almost every single one I knew I wanted to scrap! It killed me to wait so long to do these! This is my little girl Jordyn enjoying a waffle cone ice cream in the wooden bleachers at the fair.


 Summer was cut from Lyrical Letters cartridge and sweets from From My Kitchen. The little chipboard piece was from my stash and I added a puffy strawberry sticker. Also...lots of Stickles! SO pretty!


 I used a good number of embossing folders on the ice cream treats...love that texture and the twine border


 A few stickers elements from October Afternoon and another puffy sticker.


I was honestly scared about how this would turn out because the photos meant so much but I am happy with the end result. Even with the pastel colors since I tend to be more a brights girl...inking the edges helped greatly though to not look so cheesy.

But there you have it...thanks for the visit! See you soon!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is toooo cute! I love all of the differently embossed ice cream scoops around the page! So fun! :)

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

soooooo sweet! Love her smile. Those ice creams are yummy and awesome!

Sandi Cl~ said...

You did great there, little momma! Love those ice cream scoops and the to die for photos! Childhood is the perfect season, isn't it? Hugs!

Tammy E. said...

The iembossed ice creams are my fav! Such sweet pictures and layout my friend!

Tracey Gregory said...

The pics are adorable!I really love your border, such a creative idea,not cheesy AT ALL!

annette said...

wow you nailed summer perfectly Leah .. your embossed ices look good enough to eat .. & those pics are sooo ice creamy sweet ... BTW I'm still laughing!!!! .... lotsahugz X:)