Thursday, June 14, 2012

Just Like Daddy ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Fathers Day~


Just Like Daddy

 I am soooo beyond excited to share my recent layouts with you guys! This one in particular and the next will post in a few hours...so pretty much you get 2 within a day! Yay! PLUS...there's a bonus layout with the similar design and my friend and I created these pages together this past week...

 We have the new challenge posted for Stuck on U Sketches and that newest one is...All About Fathers! Please remember folks...these are Die Cut challenges, not punches, not stamps. Just saying...

 I had this photo pulled out for awhile to use and was really excited to start the ideas for it. So another night I sat down after the kids bedtime and got busy designing...The photo is my Daddy and I in our camper. Oh gosh,  I have the worlds best memories of that camper! And...more importantly, the best memories of my Dad growing up. It means so much to me that my husband understands and wants to be there for his kids so they too, will have those memories of their Dad. Not just the Dad that shuts himself up in his den each night...


 The frame is from Storybook and the birdie journaling sticker by October Afternoon. The two small strips of paper are by DCWV and the striped ribbon is Kaiser Craft.


 I tried so so hard to get this to photograph! The gloss on the green paper was SO crazy perfect for leaves! I'm going just to cut a page full of leaves because its just that cool! The branches are from Zooballoo as are the embossed clouds.


 My title..darn, don't remember the fonts...of course... but the VERY cute deer is from Campin' Critters and the camp fire from Create a Critter.


  And the second page my friend put together using DCWV The Guy Stack.  Brandi's photo is from a vacation in Tahiti. Not exactly camping but the colors were perfect and the fish are great with the water photo...sometimes we worry too much with all themed stuff, ya know?


 I glued my stuff together too quick..but how great is the embossing on this???


 Ok, long posts and lots of posts...so let me get going...thanks SO much for coming by!

6 comments:

Lisa said...

These are so cute! I love all of the patterns...they really make the pages sooo adorable! Awesome job, Leah!

Tracey said...

What a fun layout.........love all the die cuts you have used , especially that deer:)( Another cart to add to my list!)Great photos..special memories.
Enjoy your weekend Leah!

magicwanda said...

What a great page Leah, I love the photo....
Hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

Yes, mam! Looks like I have some carts to add to my wish list. I am in loe with your deer roasting his fish .. heehee .. camping memories are the some of the best there are!

And your wedding page .. gf you are too too funny with the bike and map .. designing your photos around them in reality LOL

Have a super weekend!

Tammy E. said...

Oh wow, wow, wow! Another favorite. The die cuts you used are perfect for your wonderful memories of camping with your Dad. And your friend's page is awesome too!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Leah how fun to do these layouts with your friend, they turned out super super cute,.. Hugs