Thursday, June 28, 2012

My Friend, My Hero, My Love ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge, Flag~


My Friend My Hero My Love

 Hey friends! I hope everyone is enjoying their Summer so far and hopefully you all have some good times planned! I was leaving town last Friday when I was posting my last Stuck on U Sketches projects and now later tonight I leave again for a short weekend away to the beautiful Northern California coast! I'm so so excited, we have  a romantic canvas tent with real beds rented and we're going to hike, drive down the coast to an amazing bakery for breakfast and hopefully find ourselves the only ones on a secluded beach! Yay!

 Getting myself ready for the trip and for our current Die Cut challenge at SOUS...we have the challenge....Flag!

 This idea came to mind pretty quickly, my husband is in Law Enforcement and though not the same as our military, it's as close as any other job is going to get. And they do their job daily for our people so...the flag theme seemed fitting. 


 These kinds of titles seem to be the new thing in electronic die cutting and you'll find lots of these around. I do love the style of these and decided to make my own! I know that "my" came from All Mixed Up but now for the life of me I can't seem to recall which font was for the others...My Hero is from Stand and Salute, as is the flag and circle star.


 I did some embossing and even rubbed some off so it had a more imperfect look...and popped the brown title off of the black shadow.


 I snuck a little writing into this space...


 And last picture is my multi layered star accent which was also heat embossed. The wonderful paper line is by Bo Bunny and was from last year. I'd assume its still available somewhere? I do like some of the prints but some I don't see very usable because of how busy they were, so it's a so-so line or one that is much better if you can choose prints instead of getting the whole collection. But anyways...


 And is it for me! I'm SO excited to see what everyone else does...I do love myself some Americana so I knew this was going to be a great challenge! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

magicwanda said...

Oh my goodness I love it! Great way to think out side the box...love your use of the flag....hugs