Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sandy Bottoms ~SOUS Sketch June 22~


Sandy Bottoms

 Hey all! While you guys are probably reading this, I'll be on the road headed for a little Summer vacation! A few days at my in-laws new place in Reno, NV and then a couple more days in Lake Tahoe at a cabin with my family! So lots of good family time! 

 But don't worry...I scheduled this so no one would have to miss nothing! LOL! Ok, ok...so today we have a sketch for Stuck on U Sketches by Sandi Clarkson (no, no I did not name this layout after her...hehe!) 

 This is another honeymoon page! While we were riding down the road on the Big Island (taking you back to July 2003) out in the distance was the bluest water I had ever, ever seen. So we pulled to the side of the road, found a trail and found that beach! We did pass a house and we did pay for the probable trespassing by walking under these trees that dropped 3 inch long thorns, I had to be carried out because I only had cheap flip flops on. Almost 9 years ago and I still remember...



 My title was welded with the font from Lifes a Beach, I made a shadow in another color, welded a shell and added some Stickle bling...


 I thought this was a neat version of the sketch, using the large sand dollars as the squares on the sketch. The seaweed and turtles are both from Lifes a Beach as well. Just cut in many shades of blue, inked with blue and green Distress Inks and blue and green Stickles.


 The layers and shine in person make this something really special...sadly I don't think it photographed with the real life appeal..but not too bad =0)


 I hope you will all miss me while I am gone...LOL!
 Thanks for coming by, see you all next week!

 ~Leah

15 comments:

Sandy from Ukiah said...

What a beautiful layout Leah.. i know you will be having a wonderful time... it's always fun to spend time with family.. hugs

Kimi said...

Love this Leah! and really like how you turned the sketch having the sea weed represent the banner in a very different way. I will be pulling out Life's a Beach again very soon. thanks for the inspiration :)

Nanne said...

You know I love this layout.. Clever way to make the sketch your own with the sand dollars for instance.. cute cute cute..LOL
hugs
Nanné
P.s. hope your having a blast on your vacay :)

Nanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fern said...

Look at you two lovebirds!!! What a fun layout and cute title!! Have fun on your vacation... and I'm already missing you!!! :o) Hugs!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

What a cutie pie page and one of the most original of the bunch. Love your photo tho .. it is so cute! And what do you mean not naming this after me??!! Humphh! LOL Talk to you after vacay!

Tracey Gregory said...

Have a great time! This is such a lovely, breezy summer LO..just a great vibe-great work!

annette said...

OOH Leah .. wish I could whistle !!!!
fantastic take on the sketch & a fab. pic of the love birds .. have a super duper holiday .. lotsahugz X:)

Jane Stirling said...

Brilliant take on the sketch Leah, love all the details from Life Is A Beach, and the title is perfect...LOL Hope you are having a fab vacation. Family time is so precious.... Hugs xx

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a sweet layout! I love all the Cricut work you did and all the layers and dimention it gives! Enjoy your vacay!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Such a great take on the sketch and I love how you've arranged the plants to really give it that beach feel!

Shona said...

love all the die cut work....beautiful ..have a great vacation sweetie :)

Debbie said...

Cute layout! Love all of the Cricut cuts! Enjoy your vacation!

Scrapping Girl said...

I love the sand dollars as the squares-great take on the sketch-truly made it your own :) Hope you are having a super time on vacay!

Sandi Smith said...

Look at that hot mama!!! Love this beachy take on the sketch Leah and the embellies are perfect!