Thursday, July 5, 2012

Always in Action ~SOUS Sketch July 6~


Always in Action 

 Whoa! Into July already! What the heck! How can it be? Ahhhhhh!
 Ok, so having moments of panic that the Summer is over already and truth is, this is one of our better Summers so I'm not ready for school to kick in! But I can calm down a bit, right, since we just had the 4th of July here in the States? I hope you all had a wonderful, safe and fun holiday! Ours was simple, some time at home and then to a neighbors. I loose my husband on this holiday since he's a cop in the city and we do fireworks. Not that I go see them...but still...kinda sad not to have him with us. 

 But onto today's post! geez! We have a sketch challenge for you at Stuck on U Sketches. And its a great one from my wonderful friend Nanne Harry! You'll love it but you have to head to the blog to see it... I used My Minds Eye, Good Day Sunshine line for all the papers on this layout. Cute huh? A great score from my shopping trip at the Scrapbook Expo.


 Here's a close up of some photos I took on a bike ride to the park recently...


 I also did some teeny tiny paper piecing with a couple Imaginisce stamps. Darling!


 The photo is washed out but boy was cutting these something else...LOL! Yikes! But worth it for the world's smallest detail...hahaha! I also layered in some blooms from my stash (both sets of blooms I used were gifts from 2 of my bestest buddies..thanks Nanne and Sandi!)


 And lastly, my title...some stickers, Thickers (my only set)...I love how the bridge on the printed paper lent way for this spot for the title. Totally perfect!


 Ok, that does it...I'll see you soon! Thanks as always for coming by... ~Leah

12 comments:

Fern said...

Leah, your kids are just precious and so is this cute layout!!! Love how you were able to use a photo of each one with the sketch!! Super cute paper and WTG with the paper piecing!!!! Hope you had fun at the fair today!! Hugs!!

Tracey Gregory said...

Love how your LOs are always so happy and bright! Fab detail work!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hi, sweet pea! Sorry I haven't answered your email yet .. what a week, huh? Anyway, I love your page and that adorable little scooter .. wouldn't that be fun to putter around on?? Your flowers do look awesome even if I do say so .. heehee! Love you bunches!

Nanne said...

This is such a fun page and love that you used some flowers and incorporated some stamped images, which you are so great at :)
Hugs
Nanné

Shona said...

Hi Leah.....they are just too too cute! the paper is just perfect, lots of fun:)

Debbie said...

oh how I miss those days when my kids were small and I was able to catch those moments to scrapbook. The pages are magnificent. Love the LO's.

Hugs
Debbie

paperANDi - Stephanie said...

Wonderful layout! Love all your little details!!

And thank you so much for your comments on my blog!!

God bless you!

-Stephanie

Jane Stirling said...

Too cute Leah, love the paper pieceing on the wee scooter and the suitcase. Such a fun happy page... Hugs xx

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

This is adorable, Leah! That scooter is sooo cute!

Sandi Smith said...

Gorgeous Leah..you always have the cutest photos!

Scrapping Girl said...

Us scrappers LOVE the tiny details, which you did so well on this layout! Glad your husband is keeping the world safe for the rest of us on the 4th :) even though it's hard on the special occasions not to have him with you.

jessica said...

OHHH I LOVE this LO Leah!!! Beautiful colors and embellishments! Awesome job!!