Thursday, July 19, 2012

Love This Lake ~SOUS Sketch Challenge~


Love This Lake

 Hello my fabulous friends! Good Friday to you! Anyone has good plans this weekend? My hubby is trying to talk me into Six Flags/Marine World on Saturday and my oldest son and Daddy are attending his first baseball game and going to see the A's in Oakland after church. So that should be a quiet day for the most part.

 But the reason I am here on this wonderful Sunny Friday is to share my layout for today's sketch brought to you by everyone's favorite scrapper, Nanne! She designed another wonderful one for us at Stuck on U Sketches and this is my take. 

 What? You are thinking this is so soft and awful girly for me? Yay...you are so right! LOL! But I do really like how it turned out! Plus, something not to overtly themed to match the photo, which I tend to do. This is a current picture of Justin and I at Lake Tahoe from our recent family vacation.


 The oh-so lovely floral is the newest Spring stack by DCWV. I do love florals but do not purchase much in patterned paper and this set is probably the most favorite I have seen. Makes me think to get another. The title is a mix of stickers and the title font (lake) is from Lyrical Letters.


 I've punched some butterflies, fussy cut a dragon fly (to match the tone on tone dragon fly print that I used and added lots of Stickles! I did fussy cut a few things from the paper stack as well and stuck it in here and there.


 All these beautiful pieces are stamps and matching die cuts from Papertrey Ink (flowers, branch and banner). I stamped with Distress Ink, sprayed the stamp with water and turned these into watercolor blooms. Love! And also used a branch die cut and cut that in a print and then solid kraft card stock, which is what I matted everything in as well.


 Oh, don't forget the pink and blue inking I did as well for the edges...Ok...I do think that's it! LOL!

 Sorry, long post!

Don't forget to stop by SOUS and see what everyone did and....our NEW Card Sketch challenges! About time, huh?

 K, see you all soon!

8 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

Lovely take on the sketch! I really like that paper! So many pretty flowers! Great way to do the title too! Super photos! You all look so relaxed and happy!

Fern said...

Oh Leah, this is beautiful!!! I really like that pretty floral paper and your fussy cutting is awesome!! Also love how you watercolored the flowers!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs!!

Sandi Smith said...

Just beautiful Leah...you have added so many pretty details!!

Tracey Gregory said...

LOVE the watercolor technique on the blooms! Such a pretty and soft LO!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Looks like a shopping trip to PTI is in order to get me some of those blooms! Anyway, great page .. soft and romantic!

Jane Stirling said...

Beautiful page Leah, so soft and pretty. Love all the fussy cutting, and little details. Great photo too... Hugs xx

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Hi Leah! Great layout with lots of sweet details? Looks like you made some good memories!

annette said...

great take on the sketch Leah, you both look happy & relaxed .. love the pretty floral paper & trimmings .. hugz X:)