Thursday, July 26, 2012

S'more BBQ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge BBQ~


S'more BBQ

 Can I tell you how much I have looked forward to creating this page for this challenge! This week our Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches is...BBQ. Yum! And we've got our last new face finally joining in, Kimi..so we're a full house again!

 I've had these super, duper fun photos of my kiddo's since last year and have always been dying to create a page with them! Have you ever felt intimated knowing you had to create the best page ever to go with those beloved photos? Oh, man did I feel that way this time! So one day I sat for uh, at least an hour and played with designs. I only came up with the s'more's on the side and the critter. I wasn't feeling it so put that all away. When when the time came, it did work out! Yay!


 The background paper and plaid are from The Guy stack by DCWV. All other pieces are randomness from my stash. The BBQ King was fussy cut from the paper, I made the Meat Market tag using the printed piece cut from an Echo Park paper and backed w/ a distressed white. Also stuck in a branch die cut and some stamped tags.


 I thought this bottle cap went well with the theme. It was sitting on my desk wanting to be used! LOL! I punched this circle from pattern paper, added black gems and filled with Crackle Accents.


 Well I do hope you like this page and hope you'll check out the rest of the team's designs!

 ~Leah

12 comments:

Rose Red said...

That is one cute porcupine!! Love the mixed size of eyes.

Rose Red said...

That is one cute porcupine!! Love the mixed size of eyes.

Kimi said...

Leah so like how most all of your projects encorp. everyday life! So precious and the bottle cap detail is fantastic!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such cuteness! And yes, I totally understand how it is with favorite photos .. so much pressure LOL ! Great job! Loving the bottle cap!

Debbie said...

Cute layout Leah!!! Your kiddos are adorable! Love that cute little porcupine!!

Tammy E. said...

What sweet photos, and I love your s'mores critter. Absolutely adorable.

Lisa said...

This is so amazing! I love the cluster you created, and that bottle cap is the perfect touch! :)

Lisa said...

This is so amazing! I love the cluster you created, and that bottle cap is the perfect touch! :)

Nanne said...

Aaaaaw, that is adorable and I too loved the little porcupine.. plus the googly eyes were a perfect touch..
I seen some cute tutes for bottle caps and when I seen yours, I thought I gotta make some.. great job GF..
hugs
Nanné

magicwanda said...

Well Leah I think you choose the prefect papers and cuts for those adorable pictures... What cutie pies they are! I love all the patterns you used awesome details!
Big Hugs

Scrapping Girl said...

Such cuteness in both photos and layout!!!! Love the porcupine with the goggly eyes and the bottle cap is the perfect finishing touch.

jessica said...

This is so super adorable!!! Love all the extra details you put into this gorgeous LO!
TFS