Thursday, August 9, 2012

Apple Crayon Teacher Cards ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge School is Cool~


Apple Crayon Teacher Card


 I am excited to share my project with you guys today! And excited for the Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches....which is...School Is Cool!
 Let's see all those school related die cuts...apples, school buses, school supplies, etc! There are many, many ideas for this and our fabulous Design Team has some great examples of projects..so head on over if you haven't already! 


 So these little sweeties actually took me forever and to be honest, was crazy close to not even making this! Finding the right apple shape within my Cricut cartridges with a shadow that was thick enough to cut like this was super tough. The apple I ended up with...the one from Create a Critter. 


 It took some time looking in my stash for a printed paper that wouldn't just look nuts with the multi colors of the crayons. But I finally came across this simple alpha print on creme paper. With a little text stamping in Antique Linen distress ink, its all I needed and was perfect...

 Here you can see the crayon's and the dimension...makes for a cool, rather heavy card! LOL!


 And a finished inside...I'm looking for an A+ on these!
 I've used a bunch of stamps from my stash, punches, some cork for the stems, twine, mini paperclips and themed stickers.

 I'm so excited to find out who my kids have for their teachers this year and I hope these cards will show them how much it means that they'll be caring and teaching my babies for the year! Teachers are a big, big deal!

 Well gosh, that's it for me today...hope you are all well! I know we get used to all the craft projects and the blogging but I also know that some folks are not experiencing the best in life and for those of you that are struggling...know that my prayers have been with you.

 ~Leah

9 comments:

Tammy E. said...

What an amazing idea. I am glad you stuck it out and finished this. It is so cool! Great job my friend.

jessica said...

This is awesome Leah!! Love this and so glad you finished because this is FAB!!!
TFS and happy Friday!!

Lisa said...

What a fun and creative idea, Leah! Love it! :)

Brandi said...

I saw this card in person and it is awesome!!! Love it

Scrapping Girl said...

Leah, you are a rock star! That looks SO cool! I'm going to have to try to copy this. Love the finished inside too! Hard to believe we are in back to school mode-I just spent a ridiculous amount of money buying the school supply list!

Sandi Cl~ said...

This is adorable! So, is there an acrylic window or are the crayons exposed? And is it more like a shadowbox? We need more deets! LOL

Nanne said...

you're such a suck up Leah...LOL kidding of course, had to write that because you said teachers were important..but, yes they are.. I absolutely adore this project and with I had thought of it first, I too am glad you stuck with it, cause it looks amazing, You definitely get an A+ from me :)
hugs
Nanné

Tracey said...

Oh Leah, Your card is very "Cool for School" what a fabulous idea....the teacher who receives this will 'Love it'

Claire Spielman said...

New follower and hope you can stop by as well and help me celebrate my 1st year.
Your project deserves an A++++++ for sure. Love it and might try to scrap lift it if I can figure it out! Thanks for sharing such a unique piece!
Creative Wishes,
Claire S.
www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com