Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Get Your Party On ~SOUS Card Sketch August 15~


Get Your Party On

 I am way beyond excited to share this sketch with you all and even more so, for you all to head over to Stuck on U Sketches and see the incredible card by our very talented Design Team and our August Guest Designer Clare! You will love to pieces each project, I guarantee it!

 Here's my sketch...

 And my card...featuring kraft card stock and stamps by Papertrey Ink. I really feel like these easel cards are my favorite card type. It's just fun because they display so well and are just something different from the standard card to receive.


 Can I tell you how many times I had to stamp these cuties? Either not stamping well or getting them into the right placement. That was fun, not! The stamps, Tiny Treats: Birthday.


 A close up of the stamps...darling, don't you think? And colored with Prisma colored pencils and a white gel pen, with white inked edges. Here you can also see that in a matching kraft ink by PTI I stamped their chevron stamp on the background (I believe the background kraft is from my stash, all the circles are PTI paper).


 Following the sketch I added these pink borders, which looks back, I should have stamped with some pattern as well. The circles were all cut using my Nesties, the black embossed images is from a birthday tag set by PTI. Puffy stickers are dollar finds at WM (love using those!)



 Thanks for sticking with my double post day! Appreciate it!

 ~Leah

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

The birthday card is cute! I really don't branch out into the folding cards and I like what you did. The dinosaur is ADORABLE!!

Tracey said...

Hey Leah, Great Sentiment...Love all those little stamped images too. Perfect Birthday card!

Sandi Cl~ said...

So adorable, Leah! Love all the great stamping you did and the coloring as well. Thanks for an awesome sketch .. I loved it!

nancie said...

Lovely birthday card. Love the embellishments used.
Hugs
Nancie

Jane Stirling said...

How cute is this card Leah, all the wee stamped images are adorable. Have never tried an easel card - maybe one day... Hugs xx

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! Love the little stamped images:)

Peace, Love. & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.