Friday, August 17, 2012

Paradise Is Life With You ~SOUS Sketch Challenge~

NOT A PAGE FOR MY HUSBAND TO VIEW (GO AWAY BABE!)


Paradise Is Life With You

 Hey all! I've got another sketch to share with you today and it's certainly different from the tough collage sketch last time at Stuck on U Sketches. This time, either keep it clean and simple or...take it where all the Design Team did, I don't think those girls could do CAS if they tried! LOL! Anyways, here's the sketch...


 And my page...another for my wedding album I'm putting together. This is Justin and I enjoying a luau (hope I spelled that correctly, don't think I did). Anyways, a Hawaiian bbq...LOL! I did so much on this page and just had an incredibly good time making this...let me share the deets with you...


 I had to start by scanning the photo and making it into a 5x7. Older photo, older camera and so the enlarged image was pretty fuzzy (yes, the technical word). So I played around with editing and then also thought that the colors would be cool if I used the antique effect. So everything started around the photo. I picked papers to go with at this point. My title was cute from Life's a Beach. 


 And I added this very fun birdie with a blue goggly eye. I did not weld these pieces together but just sat him up on top. I did cut a black title layer and then popped the green title, which I used both brown and white acrylic paint to distress. Do any of you recognize this paper? An old Summer stack by DCWV, in white. So the whole piece got a good dose of distress ink (as did the subtle sand print from the same stack.)


 My journaling and another photo of the flowers. I used Prima's, bling and mixes of leaves from Life's a Beach. Some where inked and almost all were stamped with background stamps.


 Here you can see that I used the title to mask. I used mist on this page by the bushel, LOL! And my tasty drinks (which is a funny thing because my husband is Straight Edge, which for those that don't know that means that he doesn't drink, do drugs, etc. Never has...) Me, I'm a lush...ok, maybe not either but the drinks from Pack Your Bags were fun to make! Another misted thing on the page because originally these were very, very bright colors!


 Ok, gosh...only a handful or so more months before I need to finish this album and reveal it to my husband on our 10th anniversary...I'm so excited! I just finished a double layout for the album but that's for a future sketch..so you gotta wait, totally different from this page!

 Have a great weekend friends! Don't forget to stop in at SOUS...

10 comments:

Shona said...

oooo I just LOVE this to bits Leah...the colors are amazing and so many yummy details to look at :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great job on your details, hon! I don't think I've seen you use mists before, so that was kind of cool. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

Fern said...

WOW Leah, Lots to look at here!! Love all the die cuts and the layering!!! Your album is going to be soooo cool and I can't wait to see more!!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs!!!!

annette said...

this is terrific Leah,love the bird with the googly eyes ... your album is going to be fantastic finished.. hugz XX

Tracey Gregory said...

Your page accents are perfect-such a fun page!

Tracey said...

Love Love LOve it Leah.....so much detail it looks fabulous! Gorgeous photo of the two of your too!

Jane Stirling said...

Loved this sketch Leah, Thanks. Loving your page too. Great work with the mists, toning down the brightness of the papers. And the photo editing makes it all come together. The wee drinks at the bottom are way cool... Hugs xx

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Yournlo makes me want to go we're you did! LOVE the title work and all Cricut work and paper piecing you did! Just plain yummy!

Charlotte Brochu said...

What a great layout with all those fun tropical die cuts! Love the wonderful photo too!

Sandi Smith said...

Just beautiful Leah and I love your details and sweet photo!