Thursday, August 23, 2012

Speed Demon ~SOUS Hot August Nights Die Cut Challenge~



Speed Demon


 Wow, I never thought I'd get to the point when I am almost only posting on my Fridays! But life has been so busy lately that crafting, let alone blogging, has taken a bit of a back seat. But of course the kiddo's come first! And speaking of which they just started school on Wednesday. They both did great but are just exhausted and emotions are running a little whack. So with that said, let me share those not so perfect but those very real photos with you...Scotti was beyond fussy (apparently his morning routine for the first week of school, boy lost computer privileges because of it), that explains this oh so happy face! 


 I always knew my daughter was such a poser! Hahahaha! I got normal photos as well but I guess she has to pull out the model in her...LOL! Honestly, these photos make me laugh out loud!


 And his photo shoot? Well he walked backwards for almost all the photos I got. I did snap a bunch of him telling his Grandma something so it show's how his little lips look when he talks. Very cute, very funny...very him! So for moving around so much, not a bad pic!


 So onto my layout for this week's Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches. Hot August Nights! This  challenge isn't only cars, but any vehicle...think what you can ride on and you'll be right on...hahaha!

 Anyways, this page was another really fun one to create! I have lots of photos so I'll try and be brief with the rest of the text...


 A funky altered photo of Justin on a ride with his buddy up to the Canadian border...


 This is the main part of the embellishments and die cuts. The motorcycle, Go sign and large shape that was cut as a mask for the background are from Going Places. Flames and dice are from Indie Art, cherries from Country Life and title with a welded skull from Indie Art was from Boys Will Be Boys.


 There was a mix of mists from Tattered Angels and Perfect Pearls so this photo shows some of the shine. Also the sticker letter masking I did for Seattle, didn't turn out very well because spraying it made the stickers stick and peel badly, oops.


 And one more skull from Indie Art and the Glossy Accents on the dice. You can also see a touch of the shimmer paper for the title which was also splattered with black paint as was the background.


 Ok, ok...long post! Sorry...

 Thanks for coming by and thanks friends for getting me almost to 300 followers! Woot Woot!

 ~Leah

9 comments:

Tammy E. said...

This layout is so darn "cool." I call it your "dark side." HA! You did an awesome job with all of your embellishments -- the title, the skull -- great job!

And great pictures of the kiddos. Maybe life will calm down now, huh? HA! Who are we fooling?

Tammy E. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimi said...

Love this Leah and I agree with Tammy, a bit dark and cool!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such a flaming hot layout!! Love it!

I also love those adorable first day photos! Aw, those were the days! I always loved back to school! New clothes, sharp pencils and excited daughters!

Audrey Frelx said...

Love the pictures of your kids -- such cuties; and, yes, your daughter is a poser...lol!

You did a great job with the layout, it's awesome different (?)!!!

Leah, life catches up with us all at some time and sometimes more frequently than we'd like -- so we understand!!!

magicwanda said...

Such cuties....love the pics and thanks for sharing them.
I know the feeling of being busy...
I just love all the elements in your layout just awesome!
Hugs Wanda

Lisa said...

I love this layout...so grungy and MANLY! Awesome job, Leah! :)

Tracey said...

WOW.......So Cool Leah! Love the layering. You have really framed the photo well with those awesome cuts.

Nanne said...

You know I adore this layout, love the grunge and dirty look to it. so not you, which it makes it great to try stuff out side of the box :)
amazing as always Leah
hugs
Nanné