Thursday, September 20, 2012

Carving Out Some Fun ~SOUS We Rake, We Pile, We Jump!


Carving Out Some Fun

 I am excited about our newest Die Cut Challenge over at Stuck on U Sketches! What's the challenge?

We rake, we pile, we jump!

With all the amazing leaf die cuts out there, this challenge is going to be a cinch! So don't just think of those incredible photos of the kids in a massive pile of leaves...though that would be perfect...just think leaves! And lots of them!

 And here is the double layout I created for our challenge!


 Isn't this the sweetest? I am pretty in love with this large pumpkin and flourish cut but also...this mouse! Normally this is something you wouldn't use much but this is the second time that I've included him in a project! The little guy is from Country Life and is supposed to hold a piece of cheese but instead I added a small pumpkin sticker. I also rubbed a generous amount of orange Stickles on the pumpkin as well! (Note to self, last year was 2011...oops!)



 The stunning title was a mix of fonts, the flourish font welded together with my Gypsy was from Gypsy Font and the other from...gee, surprise...I don't remember and after 30 minutes trying to figure it out, I give up! LOL! Anyhow, isn't the Stickles just lovely...since I cut with textured card stock I thought it needed something and I didn't feel like stamping so...
 I used Stickles in orange, a gold for the yellowy orange and 3 greens for the leaves, and then black for the vines. Love having alllllll the colors! LOL!


 The beautiful tone on tone pattern paper is by last years DCWV Halloween stack Ghouls and Ghosts. Which I think is one of the best Halloween paper collections I have seen, wish I had gotten another! Trimmed from that stack also is the small border (the black is foil with the chevron design in the center).

 You know I made this page and then spent probably as much time in designing as I did trying to figure out what to add. Since I am used to more detail. Well after all the time, I decided that the massive die cuts and extra large title really held their own on the project and that was enough..what a hard decision to let it go...

 Wow...way enough of me! Thanks for coming by today! If you even got this far...

~Leah

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Great layout! I love seeing so many photos on a layout! I also love the touches of glitter you added! :)

Tracey said...

WOW Leah...fabulous layout. Love how you welded the font with flourish, its looks great, specially with all that glitter. Wonderful photo's too!

Tammy E. said...

All of the flourishes on this layout make me smile! Simply beautiful!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Great 2 pager, my friend! Those colors and photos make me want to run a get a light sweater! Awesome job on the title work and the cuts along the border! Love it!

Scrapping Girl said...

I love the mouse!!!! And your beautiful title! Actually, I love the whole layout :) Love seeing examples of multi-photo layout, since that is mainly what I'm trying to scrap. I'm looking forward to trying this challenge myself, since it finally is starting to feel a bit like fall here, with cooler mornings!

Brandi said...

I love this page, GREAT job!!!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Stunning layout, I love the photo's and the pumpkin, the mouse and the flourishes are all fabulous
Lindsay xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a beautiful page. Lovin' the dies you used to embellish this fabulous layout!

Debbie said...

Cute, cute, cute Leah! Love the title!!