Thursday, September 27, 2012

Here Comes The Bride ~SOUS Sketch Challenge~

I wanted to take a moment and thank all my followers, past and the recent gals for getting me to the 300 mark! I don't know why but this feels like such an accomplishment and really is very exciting that so many enjoy my creations! There are lots of blogs out there and some offer candy all the time to get you to follow...I don't =) which means even more to me to have you folks here! Blessings to all! I appreciate you so much! Love, Leah


Here Comes The Bride...


 Hello friends! Happy (it's just about) Friday! Our family is off to an impromptu family reunion. We wanted to visit with my husband's family in Reno, Nevada and it turned out that the kids Great Grandparents would be there, and cousins and an Aunt and Uncle (not to mention that my in-laws are now living with a newly separated daughter and her 2 kids). It will be my MIL undoing having all these people at her house, LOL, but it will be great to see everyone!

 And well today is another wonderful sketch challenge at SOUS, another beauty from my dear friend Sandi C. With doing a wee bit of sketching myself, I turned this single page sketch into a double layout...I needed more room! =) all for the super secret wedding album...



 The stunning title is from the Sweethearts Cricut cartridge. I've really used that cartridge a ton! So don't just think wedding, it offers a lot more for more love themed projects, plus more... It didn't photograph but the title was heavily covered in Diamond Stickles.


 Oh my...I had such a wonderful time putting this floral cluster together! Using some really old, glitter covered chipboard in green, Prima flowers, Petaloo, Iamroses leaves and some half folded flowers and a small piece cut from the Webster pages floral trim! I've even managed to add a couple stickers too!


 This photo shows well all the layering on the page! This is certainly heavy for a layout.


 And then here are some details from the second page. Similar but not totally the same...



 Don't let me forget to mention maybe one of my all time favorite paper stacks by DCWV, Spring Fling. The florals in this are easily my favorite of any collection I have seen. I will make sure I buy another if I can find it!

 Well I hope you all have a wonderful and happy weekend! And I'll see you all soon!

 ~Leah

9 comments:

Charlotte Brochu said...

I love how you've turned this into a double pager! I'm going to be starting soon on my daughters wedding album and you've given me some great inspiration here!

Brandi said...

I LOVE this layout, it turned out beautiful!!! I hope I will get to see it in person soon, love ya!

Sandi Smith said...

So very beautiful Leah...love the gorgeous colors!

Fern said...

Leah, you did a beautiful job making this into a double layout!!! The colors are gorgeous and I love your flower cluster!!! BTW you made a beautiful bride!!! Hope you have a great weekend!! Hugs!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

What a Beauty, Leah! Love all your die cutting, punching and layering, plus the colours are awesome!

Sandi Cl~ said...

There's my girl with the curls! Met her on the MB many years ago! Heehee! You were such a pretty bride! Love your pages but I was sure hoping for a close-up of those gorgeous shoes you had on ... more please!

annette said...

How Beautiful !!! love the curls however the sneakers are fantastic!! think you should highlight them as another page in your secret album with lots of journalling ... lotsahugz XX

Tracey Gregory said...

Great double pager! Such a beautiful bride and your choice of papers is perfect!

Jane Stirling said...

Great double pager Leah, and I love all your curls - so pretty... Hugs xx