Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oh My Gawrsh! ~SOUS Original Sketch~


Oh My Gawrsh!

 Eek! Another wee late post, dang! Ok, ok...here I am! And better late then never since I am getting to share maybe one of my tippy top favorite layouts! Yay! And what better then for a sketch challenge, designed by yours truly for Stuck on U Sketches

 I have been really enjoying designing sketches which I've been doing for a bit now, and now with our new card challenges, I think I've been enjoying those even more! It's great having a place where you know each week will have original sketches! =)

 My sketch.

 My layout.

 Anyone that has even once tried to put characters together will know how extremely time consuming it is! Let alone choosing different characters, moving and welding shadows together. I am sure the design alone took around 3 or more hours, and another day to put the page together (a day in the life of a Mom with 3 kids at home, which means I stopped 100 times before finishing).

 Pretty happy with these guys...but by the look on their faces, not sure what they think of being put together!!!!


 I used the large tree from My Community as a background for the photos. That inspiration came from the sketch, instead of using another patterned paper in the large square, added the tree instead. The hills were hand cut, the grass from Zooballoo. Butterfly punch and small flowers are Martha S.


 Had to do a close up of the title! Font from Mickey and Friends Font (an all time fav of mine). To help this stand out, I clear embossed tiny polka dots from Papertrey Ink (polka dot background basics). Adore how that turned out! Plus the doodling and added clouds I think round out the Disney feel to the page!

 Thanks for coming by and see you all soon...don't forget to check out the huge variation of projects by our Design Team! Such unique layouts this week!

 ~Leah

8 comments:

Jane Stirling said...

Oh My Leah, this page is so darn cute. I love the Disney characters, and yes, I have done the 7 dwarfs. I decided to do a short cut while I had a particular colour on the mat and cut all their noses at the same time - big mistake!! Which nose belongs to which dwarf? That was fun - NOT!
This is such a fun page, and all your doodling and extra wee touches certainly makes it a winner for me... Hugs xx

Tracey Gregory said...

Great Disney page! I have made the Cricut Nativity people and it took sooo long but they came out cute..not as cute as your Disney crew,though!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Well, oh my gawrsh! I just came by to see your card but this is just as good. So adorable! I have done Mickey and that was had enough for me LOL Talk soon!

Shona said...

this is just so so adorable, LOVE the characters on this. beautiful

Debbie said...

Super cute Leah!!! Loving the Cricut cuts!

Fern said...

Leah, what a fun layout!!! I love the disney characters... and I made my gd a Disney Mini Album and it was so tedious!! You did an awesome job on your characters!!! Hugs!!!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Love all your Disney characters! Looks like a great time was had by all!

Sandi Smith said...

How creative is this...your hard work definitely paid off..LOve it!