Wednesday, September 5, 2012

SOUS September 5 Card Sketch and MY Birthday!

Happy Birthday to me!
Wow, what a sucker way to getting some "happy birthday's"! Huh, so pathetic! LOL!

Today is our reveal day for our current Card Sketch at Stuck on U Sketches and as a bonus we have a special Guest Designer for the month, Frank Garcia! Good times, huh? We are excited to have him with us for the month and excited to see what you all create as well!

This card is something a bit more simple, for me. I needed a birthday card for a special little boy in my life and also was a bit short on time...I did however try to add some special details.

Using the All About Boys DCWV mat stack, this sure is a happy little card and with an easy matching envie!


I used a Cuttlebug cut and emboss shape and used a few different prints. I tried hard taking a few photos trying to get a good shot of the gloss to the papers, but nothing worked! ugh! And to go along with that I added some glossy accents to some of the stars on the orange patterned paper. Love that look. I added a fun brad, ribbon and twine and called this fun little project complete!


For as quick as this should have been...you should of seen the mess I made with trying all different things for that center area. Ending up just cutting the sentiment from patterned paper. Wish I would have done that to begin with! LOL!

Anyhow, thanks so so much as always for coming by! And please stop in and see what my wonderful friends created today as well at SOUS!

Hugs to all, Leah

7 comments:

Fern said...

Leah, I didn't know today was your Birthday?! Happy Birthday, sweetie!!! I hope you got to do something special!!

I love your card.... and even though you say it was simple, it doesn't look it!! And I bet it will make that special little boy very happy!!!! Have a great week!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Hey, Leah! I did not know it was your b-day either! Sp I hope that it has been a happy one so far! Loving that cute card! Perfectly done! I love what you did for the center ,, that was great! BTW, I went out to buy Gossy Accents last night and there was NONE at either JoAnn's of Ms. So I guess I"ll be making a trip to Hobby Lobby tomorrow .. hopefully. I've been using it alot as adhesive lately on my projects. Came home and googled it as I thought maybe there was a recall. But I guess they were just out! Have a Happy Birthday evening! Hugs and kisses!

Glenda said...

Happy Birthday Leah! Hope it has been a wonderful day!
Love your card - nothing simple about it! Colorful papers and nice details--looks great!
Glenda

Tracey said...

Happy Birthday to you Leah...Hope it was special!
Great pattern papers ,perfect for a little boy. Fun card!

Erica Ortiz said...

Happy Belated Birthday Leah! Your card is so adorable, totally worth the little mess you made making it!

Jane Stirling said...

Very Happy Belated Birthday Leah:-)
What a super little boy birthday card, great papers... Hugs xx

Audrey Frelx said...

Leah, belated happy birthday!!! Hope you enjoyed a very special day!!!

I don't think your card is simple at all -- it's so pretty!