Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stork ~ABC Challenges X-ing Criss Cross Card~


Stork

 So I finally got my Cricut Imagine going again and was very excited to use a new cartridge, Card Greetings Inside & Out. If you Imagine folks haven't seen this cart yet, man, check it out..it's really something different and there's lots of ideas for cards and scrapbook pages!

 I made this card for the lead of children's ministry at church. I see him every week but actually don't really know his wife. So I hope she doesn't find this weird. LOL. But I really, really was feeling this image and they are the only ones I know how are expecting anytime soon! =)

 And...this cool little card is for the current challenge at ABC Challenges. X-ing...as in Criss Cross cards. Now in my time I've made a few cards but never this style. Which now that I have made it, I adore it! What a fun take on a regular old card to give!


 The Stickles I added are crazy gorgeous in real life! Love! The papers are the matching prints to this image that come with the cartridge. I just chose cut and print in a square and filled with the pattern I wanted. I used a Fiskars edge punch in black and added a sheer ribbon to the card. Also added a small tag from Tiny Tags by Papertrey Ink (something you'll see me use a billion times).


 And lastly, a photo showing how the card opens and to reveal a small detail added inside. The special delivery stamp was part of this cartridge. Believe it or not this went together pretty quickly. I forgot how much I enjoy using my Imagine when its working right! LOL! And I am NOT trying to use the Cricut Craft Room. Which, for the record will only print now for me and not cut anymore. Blah! But as my super smart girlfriend Nanne told me, use the CCR to show you the sizes and just manually add into the Imagine. Then no cutting issues!


 Okay! Lots and lots of posts from me this week! Sick of me yet? LOL!
If you've missed make sure to stay a moment and see my other projects! Have a great weekend everyone!

~Leah

3 comments:

June Houck said...

Leah, this is so pretty! I love the details...and i forget to use my stickler sometimes; always a nice addition :)

Fern said...

Leah, this is sooooo cute!!! Love the Criss Cross effect!!! They will love it!!!! Hugs!!

Lin said...

Leah, love this cute card. Your stork has a lovely contemporary feel to it, and I love those little touches of glitter too.

Lin xx