Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wishing You... ~SOUS Card Sketch September 19~


Wishing You...

 Hello friends! Happy Hump Day! These weeks seem to be flying by! Don't you think? Yesterday my daughter cried because it wasn't Halloween yet and then fussed that I was getting/talking about the holiday with it so far away yet. LOL! Poor girl! It's not like the house is decorated but we did get my little Cody a pirate costume, sooo excited! I am all about the holidays already! =)

 Well gosh, let's get onto the post! Today is a sketch reveal for Stuck on U Sketches  and our sketch is one by your's truly! =)  And today is also our second and sadly, our last, day with our talented Guest Designer Frank Garcia! Thank you so much for having joined us!


 I guess I enjoyed making this so much because this is something different from my normal bright and cheery project. I've always been drawn to bold color and having little kids kinda makes me craft in a certain style. So making something a bit more elegant was really a good time!

 I've used the lovely Basic Grey Curio line. This is just the best card sketch for seriously using up those small but beloved paper scraps! By distressing the edges of the 4 panels, it showed a white edge and therefore helped each piece stand out against the darker brown paper mat. Since this line also has some black edges I hand cut the black border to fit with the shape cut from a Cuttlebug Cut and Emboss set (that I can not find, anywhere online to get the name of...bah!) Nesties were used to cut the circles layered over top. The top kraft piece was stamped with the circle pattern and the sentiment from Papertrey Ink Birthday Tags 2012.
 For details, I've added eyelets for the double bow with embroidery floss. A large MS butterfly, punched in the pink and layered with vellum.


 I knew I needed to think outside the box for the bottom here as I didn't want to add more paper since I felt it would take away from the sentiment piece I created...so that's when the vellum came into play! Using a great border punch! After I did this, this gave me the idea for the vellum layer on the butterfly as well. I've added a few flowers from my stash as well as fussy cutting some flowers and leaves from the Curio pattern paper. The last bitty detail is the gold Liquid Pearls (which was also added to the large white flowers and then rubbed in with the tip of the bottle).


 Well friends! That should do me...I'll be back in a day or so with another SOUS project! Can't wait to share that with you!

 Enjoy the rest of your week!

~Leah

5 comments:

Sandi Cl~ said...

Ooooh, oooh ooh .. love all the bitty details. That BG Curio is such a pretty line and look what a great card it made! The added detail of the eyelets with the twine is killer. Thanks for a beautiful sketch .. it is my new go to card sketch!

Tracey said...

I loved working with the sketch Leah! Very classy card.......love the vintage look of all the pretty papers.

Erica Ortiz said...

Love your card and your sketch! I l love the twine, just perfect.

Becky Litz said...

This is so pretty! I get stuck in kind of a graphic rut sometimes and love to make something classy too. I LOVE the velum across the bottom, I'm going to have to 'borrow' that idea :)

Jane Stirling said...

A very beautiful, elegant card Leah, the papers are so pretty. Loved this sketch and sure is a great way to use up scraps. Thanks honey... Hugs xx