Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You & Me ~ABC Challenges W for Wishes~


You & Me

 This is for the current challenge at ABC Challenges which is W for Wishes! For all the occasions that you want to wish someone well! Cute!

 So I knew right away with this darling image from The Paper Shelter that I wanted to do an early anniversary card for my hubby! One more sponsor for us, as if one's not enough, the wonderful Lili of the Valley! I had the best time making this card, well...after the ideas started rolling that is! LOL!


 The image is watercolored with Distress Inks. In neutral and soft tones. The wonderful frame is a shape from Once Upon a Princess Cricut cartridge. I've inked the edges and also used Distressed Stickles in Vintage Photo. My embellies are a mix of die cuts (the flourish), thick twine, I Am Roses flowers, Martha Stuart punches and a large focal flower by Webster Pages.


 I am more and more doing little touches for the inside of cards...plus, and probably only because (haha) I added the sentiment inside because I couldn't find a place on the front that I really liked! But still...I did do the inside, that counts!


 Awesome! Thanks for visiting and for not telling me how awful I am that I keep forgetting blog posts...sigh...

 ~Leah

2 comments:

Tracey said...

Hey Leah.....your card is just the cutest! I love that image, I'm sure your husband will love it. I came by to comment on your layout.....it wasn't up when I visited the other day. Ha Ha Ha! Good thing because I get to see this card too!

Scrapping Girl said...

Leah, this is gorgeous!!!! I wish I could watercolor so beautifully-your image looks so soft and lovely. I LOVE the inside touches on the card too!!!! Your hubby will love it :)