Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Couple VERY Different Cards... ~Oct 17 SOUS Card Sketch~


 So some of us have been chatting about how exhausted we all are! And during my kiddo's school conferences the teachers pretty much said the same thing! So much to do during this time of year. It also seems like the full sprint of the school year starting and Summer coming to an end is catching up with us all! 

 Luckily we always or at least try, to always, squeeze some crafty time in! And with that today is a Card Sketch reveal for Stuck On U...Hope you like! 



 I also had a chance to do some card making and got to play with a couple very, very different cards for this sketch! My first was for a birthday party that my daughter and I went to...


 The paper is a 6x6 Basic Grey Olivia stack. The background shape was cut with my Cricut Expression and the smaller with a Papertrey Ink die, as was the alpha background. That was my first time using those for such a thing and it was very, very tricky and didn't come out even...oh well. =)

 The Sweethearts Cricut cartridge has a great cut with a bunch of different shaped hearts, so that's what I used for the blue ones here. Layered over and stamped over with another Papertrey Ink stamp. This also shows well the border punch and layers of gloss. I also added a ton of Diamond Stickles everywhere!


 I'm pretty excited about this card...very fun and something different for a seasonal birthday. 
I can tell you the background paper was inked with purple and is by Basic Grey, the orange is by DCWV. 

Mainly these stamps come from Papertrey Ink Friendship Jars: Fall Fillers. The tag sentiments, spider web and tiny eyeballs in the polka dot holes. The circle sentiment is 2012 Birthday Tags, the frame stamp and stripe stamp are Fabulous Frames (with coordinating dies). Ghosty is by TCP Studio Happy Halloween.

 How about that blue eye! Creepy cool? Not sure where the idea came from but I thought it was an unusual detail. I added in some floss bows and more purple inking. Both cards were really fun to make I have to say! Plus, anything holiday is just a blast for me!


 Hope you all have a great rest of your week! ~Leah

3 comments:

Jane Stirling said...

Two wonderful cards Leah, especially the Hallowe'en one. The wee ghosties are too cute, and I love the blue eyeball, where on earth did you get it? Loving all the stickles on the first card, just what every little girl loves - bling!!! Hugs xx

Sandi Cl~ said...

What great, fun cards! Really love your details. And the Basic Grey paper .. LOL .. but the deal breaker is that blue eye .. is that cool or what?? Have a happy rest of the week!

Shona said...

oooooo these are so much fun love those lil ghosts awwwwww