Friday, October 19, 2012

Barn Yard Dance ~SOUS Oct 19 Pumpkin/Veggie Die Cut Challenge~


Barn Yard Dance 

 This is easily a favorite layout for me! And mostly because I have always been dying to do a "barn" page! I grew up with the cutest little white barn (still at my parents house) and so the memories are good! I was also very excited to scrap these darling photos of my little girl in kindergarten for her Barn Yard Dance with her class!

 So our newest Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches was the perfect excuse to get working on this! 

Pumpkin or Veggie Die Cut


 I used this beautiful tone on tone paper by Basic Grey(Nook and Pantry Cornbread side b) as the background and divided the space using hand cut 'hills'. This title is a mix of fonts, the banner from Country Life, yard from Lyrical Letters and dance from Cindy Loo. I also cut everything with a black shadow.


 The barn was cut from Everyday Paper Dolls. This is a great, tough cartridge because there is no layers. Which means cutting the same cut multiple times in other colors and hand cutting, not too hard though but worth it. I used my new Farm and Barn: Background Basic's stamp by PTI to stamp the wood slates.

 Not sure why but I've always wanted to do this cut, there is alot to it but its really neat! All food cuts are from Country Life as well. I do have to say my most favorite on the page are the radishes. Who knew! But I like them way better here then I would on my dinner plate! LOL! For the wheat I kept all the cuts on the mat and colored with different distress ink tones in warm browns. The radish, the green prints are all Cosmo Cricket Material Girl. (Those cowboy boots on Jordyn were my husband's as a child. As far as I know pretty much the only thing my MIL ever kept! And now Cody wears them everywhere and they are looking much, much more worn out!)


 Here is Jordyn and her dance partner Max, and some carrots with a PTI tag.


 Hope you like this as much as I do....can't wait to visit the rest of the SOUS DT and our participants! See ya soon!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so pretty, Leah! You are so good at setting a tone/mood for your layouts with the colors you choose! Love it! :)

Sandi Cl~ said...

Fabulous page! The Nook and Pantry papers are perfect for this. I always love these color tones together. Great photos .. and hey, I love the wheat too!!!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Leah..My sweetie friend..How adorable r the kiddos..getting so big..Love all the details on your LO...Hugs..Krista Norman
Ps..Hope u r well, it has been a long time it seems:)

Tammy E. said...

This is a fav! Such cute embellishments!! Great job.

Ellie said...

This is beautiful! Love the layout and such cute photos! Love the choice of colors, perfect for a fall page!

Nanne said...

This is such a fun layout and It's so creative.. I absolutely love the barn you created, plus the title. amazing as always
hugs
Nanné

Rose Red said...

Those radishes do look yummy!

Tracey said...

A real fun layout Leah! Love the Barn and how you stamped the wood panels....wonderful.