Thursday, October 4, 2012

Happy Crawloween ~SOUS Die Cut Creepy Crawly~


Creepy Crawloween

 It does not seem to matter what I am creating...one thing stays the same, and that is using my Cricut Expression. I am such a fan of die cutters, I can't even begin to imagine papercrafting without such a machine. Well maybe that is why the sticker isle at the craft stores are so huge, not everyone knows my secret yet! LOL! 

 Stuck on U Sketches has a new DIE CUTTING challenge to start off the month of October and it's going to get you...Creepy Crawly! What a delightful spook! 

 I really wanted to find some nasty insect to add, something to go with the super cool and super scary printed image on my pattern paper, but I don't own much other then spiders...but let's wait on that...


 I've created my own flowers here using a more pointy tipped flower from Mothers Day Bouquet. Cutting out the layers in slightly different sizes helps the shape come together, also I added some dimension between some layers and added Distress Stickles in Black Soot. I've added some Recollections leaves and purple Prima's, along with a small branch punch and feathers.


 This incredible paper collection is Ghosts and Ghouls from last years line by DCWV. Love. I fussy cut this large piece and then distressed the edges, inked in black, sprayed w/ a off white mist and rubbed black distress stickles on the already glossy image.



 And lastly, getting to our die cut challenge...my spooky spider from the Cricut cart, Wild Card (a bat is also with the image, you can just hide that image if you wish not to cut both, or cut both and save the bat.) I've stamped and black embossed with a flourish stamp, white inked the edges and added Distress Stickles in Barn Door to the end of the spider.


 I have to admit that Halloween creations may just be some of my favorite. It almost requires extra techniques and that is always fun...plus, takes your project to the next level. It's all about the details!

 Thanks as always for stopping in...look forward to visiting you all soon!

~Leah

7 comments:

magicwanda said...

Super super cool....
I just love doing Halloween layouts they are so much fun and let you be creative! Love the flowers lots of work but sooo worth it.
Hugs

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love all the textures here, Leah!

Nanne said...

Awesome layout leah.. love the fussy cutting, plus all of your flowers.. Great color choice as well..
hugs
Nanné

Lisa said...

Very pretty! I love that cluster of flowers and that you stamped the little spider! Just gorgeous! :)

Rose Red said...

I think the spider is sneaking up on the unsuspected!! Love that!

Daily Scrapper said...

Leah I love this layout. The Flowers are a great touch.

Tracey said...

Hey Leah....Really Awesome layout! Love the the dramatic look of the background paper and your flower cluster is gorgeous!