Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Lil' Bewitching Monsters ~SOUS Sketch~


My Lil' Bewitching Monsters

 I am so wickedly excited to share this layout with everyone! And very, very excited for the incredible sketch by Stuck on U Sketches own scrappy goddess, Nanne! But sorry folks...got to go to the challenge site and check it out there! =)

 I was super inspired by the large focal background shape in the sketch and new I was certainly going to do that (as says the sketch) but wanted to choose something whimsical to go with my Halloween design (flourish frame from Cricut: Cindy Loo).


 This beautiful creature and her bubbling cauldron are both from Happy Hauntings, embellished with coordinating colors of Stickles and some draw accents on her lovely green face...love! I also accented the cuts with an offset purple shadow.


 This wonderful shape is and matching stamp are from Papertrey Ink: Fabulous Frames (an incredible and versatile set)! It also happened to be the perfect size to frame this family photo and the placement followed the sketch as well, wrapped with 2 colors of floss and I added just a bit of washi tape for fun. The fun bats are from Happy Hauntings (accented with an offset blue shadow and Stickles in Gunmetal).


 I really wanted this title to be a focal point and with the size...how could it not be? LOL! I welded titles from Mini Monsters and added letters from Cuttin Up. I took this detail photo to show you the embossed word, I added black accents and then Glossy Accents to some of the bubbles...


 Almost forgot to talk about paper! How dare I! The star and orange prints are both from Ghosts and Ghoblins by DCWV (I don't own too much Halloween paper so it's going to repeat in projects). And all the solids are Walmart paper (which for me cuts the best of anything I own in my Cricut!) 

 Well gosh, that does it for details...

 And just about time...Halloween is around the corner! How did that happen? There is something ghostly, ghastly, haunting and horrid happening to make time fllllllllly....witches, maybe????

 Hugs to all   ~Leah

12 comments:

annette said...

love your bewitching lil monsters & the witch... great work my friend ... I agree time is flyyyyyying by too fast .. luv'n'hugz

Sandi Cl~ said...

Wowzers, this is a Nanne-page if I ever saw one. But with your unique twists, it is the bomb! LOVE how you made your title the focus!! Love!

Tracey Gregory said...

Wow! Chock full of details and techniques and that cute family of yours! Fantastic page!

Tracey said...

Oh Leah.....your layout is just the COOLEST , love it! Great photo's too.....love all the fabulous detail!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is the cutest layout! I love the details you have added! Cute kids also!

Kimi said...

awesome, Awesome, AWESOME Leah! You spent quite some time on this and WOW did it ever pay off!! the details are well... did I say AWESOME :) Love all the texture and the use of the back ground die cut. just perfect.

Nanne said...

This is the cutest layout ever Leah.. Love all of the cute Halloween cuts you used, plus the background worked out great..
hugs
Nanné

Charlotte Brochu said...

Super, super cute! I love the cut from that cartridge ( which BTW, I'm unable to find anywhere around here). I also love the burst of color in this layout.

Jane Stirling said...

Stunning work Leah. Totally loving this page. The Cricut work is awesome, and your added details to the cut pieces is so artistic (I usually manage to muck them up at this stage...lol). Loving the title and the embossing, all in the perfect Leah page... Hugs xx

Shona said...

this layout just screams FUN! love all the embellishments!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Wow! That's a lot of circuit work! All your details are amazing, and your "monsters" look adorable!

Sandi Smith said...

This is too cute Leah...love your awesome details and colors!It has been a pleasure and honor being part of this team...Thanks for having me!