Thursday, October 11, 2012

Who Needs Rules? ~SOUS Original Sketch Oct 12~


Who Needs Rules?

 Well obviously I don't need rules! LOL! Ok, really though...I've never liked getting in trouble so I am more a rule follower then anything (and good thing since I ended up marrying a police officer, right?) But I am afraid I may have broken a rule or two with following sketches...my bestie Nanne created a fabulous sketch for us at Stuck on U Sketches. You have got to head over there and check it out! 

 I started out with good intentions. Choosing this neat paper with the hortizonal design along the top and bottom (like the sketch). I added 2 photos instead of one...and then I really went off in my own direction, didn't I? And that cool paper...DCWV Generation Tech. A great collection for the boys (young and old).

 These way great sneakers...from Boys Will Be Boys! Love em'! I embossed the sole with a herringbone folder and added real laces (time consuming but a perfect touch!) I also fussy cut and punched a good amount from the glossy paper pack, I've added some great glitter Bo Bunny brads too!


 Both title pieces are from Graphically Speaking, more fussy cut pieces and fun brads (also cut this alien border from another paper from this collection and added journaling in white! I just LOVE my little guy and his 2 different shoes! I'll never forget this about him...


 I can't help but to laugh at this photo...I have no idea what on earth he was saying...but whatever it was, he couldn't get pass it to even take a picture! =)
 I've added some stamping and white embossing with random stamps from my stash!


 I just realized that I went from bottom to top in explaining my page! hehe! Okay now on top..I've added a red accent/shadow behind the title, dry embossing the blue who. I know there is so much color and so much going on with this page, but it really is fun...and certainly goes well with the silly boy in the photo!

  Thanks for hanging out with me today...please stop in and visit my sisters at SOUS if you haven't already! Hugs!
 ~Leah

9 comments:

annette said...

Hi there girlfriend .. just love this fun LO & the photos are enough to make anyone happy .. great work on the sneakers .. altogether WOW !!! hugz x

Charlotte Brochu said...

Super cute layout! I love the story of the 2 different shoes! My daughter right now is into wearing 2 different colored socks all the time! Apparently this is cool...but what do I know? LOL! Anyways, love what you've done to the dies! Always so inspiring!

Shona said...

this is so so much fun Leah...LOVE all the cute embellishments..its just perfect

Tracey Gregory said...

Really cute and happy layout! Love that smile!

Tracey Gregory said...

Really cute and happy layout! Love that smile!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, silly boy! Don't you love moments like that? Great job with all those die cuts. Love the tennies. Hope you have a fab weekend!

Scrapping Girl said...

What a great pic!!!!! And what a great story to have documented to remember! I think that is the heart of what scrapbooking is about for me-getting those fun and interesting stories saved. I love the background paper-going to have to look for this line-with all my boys it would be perfect! The shoes are completely awesome! And, rules are made to be broken, at least that's my theory when I don't follow them, lol!

Jane Stirling said...

Fab layout Leah, such a fun photo and great that you have it saved and documented for years to come. Love your title, so perfect for the photo, and the real laces are an excellent embellishment. So many details, and all perfectly co-ordinated - Go Leah... Hugs xx

Fern said...

Leah, this is too cute!! Great boy layout and I love the shoes!!! Hugs!!