Thursday, November 8, 2012

Family Photos ~SOUS Original Sketch November 9~


Family Photos

 Friday! Friday! Can't believe it's Friday! Yay baby...that means just a day and I get some time away! Woo Hoo! I am beyond excited...last year when I went on my scrapbooking retreat I did get stuff done but not so much, this year I really want to stay motivated and get as much done as I can, that is without having a whole room of stuff with me!

 Well today is a fabulous sketch reveal at SOUS and since I am hostess with the mostest then this one is by your's truly! Hope you like!
 My first design was a layout titled Monkey in the Middle, I had vines going across the top of the page and a monkey hanging where the title circle was. All things were going smoothly until I realized all the vines on the page would cover the people in the photos. So...I didn't do that. LOL.

 Here's my sketch...


  And my layout...


 I used the beautiful Crate Paper Portrait Collection. All the papers are from this line. The small shape here was a die collection by Papertrey Ink, Fabulous Frames (I added a S from an alpha die by them for our families last name) and then stamped a background stamp and clear embossed, this is a garage sale find and is by Close to my Heart. Key and locket are Jolee's.


 Here is a mix of things! A metal word embellishment, diecut title is Gypsy Font, camera stamp by PTI Shutterbug Special. Flower and leave dies by PTI as well.


 I started with a Basic Grey sticker which I then backed with paper to add a little color. White embossed the numbers and wrote the family members in each photo...starting with my little girl who was in almost EVERY photo that evening! LOL!


 Ok friends...I'll wrap it up! Thanks so much for coming by and hope you all have as great a weekend as I plan on having! =)

 ~Leah

6 comments:

Shona said...

beautiful collage of photos and memories......love that sketch too :)

Tracey Gregory said...

aw,love this collection of sweet pics! Thanks for a great sketch!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Wonderfully done! Loving those papers.
Now let's see ... scrapping or unpacking .. who is having the better weekend .. LOL Hope you have tons of fun and get lots done. Hugs!

annette said...

HI Leah, hope your weekend was full of fun & laughter with some scrapping thrown in!!! a great set of pics with your little poppet happily smiling in them all!! love the LO!! & I loved your sketch... big hugz ..

Charlotte Brochu said...

I love all the great layering you've done here with the paper and embellishments! This was a fantastic sketch to get many great photos in!

Jane Stirling said...

I am so playing catch up.... Great take on a your great sketch Leah. Loving all the little details you've added and I love the paper collection you've used - fab.... Hugs xx