Thursday, November 1, 2012

My last DT project for ABC Challenges...


Thanks

 Thanks, which is a very fitting word...

 Our newest challenge at ABC Challenges is also starting us at the beginning of the alphabet with A for Appreciation! So we want to see all your thank you's for this challenge. 

 So the word thanks...for my card of course but it's also fitting as this is my last day as a Design Team member for ABC! I will certainly miss the team, the talent and being a part of everything...though I certainly hope to still join them when I can! There is so much work that goes into leading a challenge blog, organizing and setting things up, so I really appreciate Julie single handedly doing so! And wish her and the rest of the team the best...which by the way...there is a DT call which you can find here. Check it out if you are interested and apply!

 We are also lucky enough for 2 awesome sponsors, Stampfairy (image below) and In2stamps. Thanks to both companies for all the support!


 This little card turned out just too cute! Originally my idea was to clear emboss a large background cloud stamp on top of the blue pattern paper (from my stash, something ancient) but then I was concerned about drawing the string for the balloon that I moved..so next idea was the embossing. Still cute. This was also a scraps card as I had saved this negative from a shape I had cut for a card posted a bit ago...I don't always save scraps but love this line by Basic Grey, Olivia. Glad I saved it, made for a cute and quick card!


 The paper piecing was quite easy, though a bit time consuming to cut. Her body was printed in beige, the balloon, dress and pink for her bows and shoes were all hand cut (yikes!) I colored her hair, cheeks and some shadowing on her flesh with colored pencils. Really like how this looks in person!


 To finish this off I used some black hemp, a Papertrey Ink tag and stamp (thanks), added some mini Prima's, pearls and punched leaves and some black faux stitching. 

 The sweet spot for this was having my little guy sleeping on the couch so I had some quiet time to assemble this before the other kiddo's needed picking up! =)

 Well that's it for me...sadly! Again, thanks to ABC for having me...will miss designing for you! 

2 comments:

Patty Sue 2 said...

Leah,
We will all miss your sweet spirit at ABC. Your work is fabulous and this sweet card is beautiful! Good luck and best wishes in all you do!

julieprice3 said...

Beautifully designed and created, it has been lovely having you on the team at ABC ,you will be missed
Hugs julie P