Thursday, November 15, 2012

Owl Card ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Owl~


Owl

 Hiya friends! Last weekend when I was away at my scrapbooking retreat I was able to get a ton done (okay, not really a ton but not too bad either! =)
 One thing I worked on was this little owl card for our newest Die Cut Challenge for Stuck on U Sketches. I was so lucky that one of my friends had a ton of Cricut cartridges that I didn't have, so I had a good time using images I wasn't used to (or bored of, as I kinda am with everything...ya know?)
 So this cutie came from Wild Card 2 and the branches from Cake Basics. 


 I used Echo Park Times & Seasons for the pattern paper (yellow from EP A Boys Life) and PTI kraft for the base. My always used Martha branch punch for the leaves. And then just a bit of embossing and spray inks for added texture.


 And Glossy Accents to make his glasses more realistic. I adore how that turned out (though note to self, add a TON of adhesive as covering the paper in GA will warp when dried). Not too badly though!


 Hope you guys enjoyed this little bad boy! And see ya all soon!

~Leah

7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so cute! That little owl is adorable! Love him! :)

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah how cute is this....
I really love them papers and those big eyes...
Great cart
Big Hugs

Chris-aka-ChatterScene said...

Leah this is super cute!!!!

Margie said...

Aacckkk! ADORABLE! Great papers, Leah. Love how you cheated and used the branch punch :) I'll have to remember that!

Scrapping Girl said...

It is always so fun to "shop" in someone else's cartridges!!!! The best part of retreats, I think. Glad you had a good time! I love this owl-have not seen him before-he is adorable with his big eyes and am looking forward to coming up with something this week for the challenge. Love the EP papers-they are probably my favorite paper company at the moment.

Becky Litz said...

hey bestie!!! Now that has GOT to be one of the CUTEST things I have every seen! Way to go! I luvs him :)

Nanne said...

This is just way too cute.. love your owl and the branche's are a awesome touch.. I love it!
hugs
Nanné