Thursday, December 6, 2012

Bridal Party ~SOUS Dec 7 Layout Sketch~


Bridal Party

 I'm going to make this a quick post for today as I am packing and getting ready to head out of town to celebrate my....

 Ba ba ba bummmmm.... 

 My 10th Wedding Anniversary!

 I'm sure other of you married gals can relate to my next comment. I simply don't feel old enough to even be married so long! I mean, I'm only...what, 25?  =)

 Well this little layout is for our Layout Sketch at SOUS and the design is by Sandi C. I really, really wanted to do the ornament thing from the sketch but needed a wedding page and so out this came. I'll have to save that idea for another time. 


 I've used lots of shimmer and shine on this page! Liquid pearls rubbed to create the metal finish on the locket and the wedding ring, both regular and Distress Stickles as well.
 All my cuts are from the Sweethearts cartridge, one I use often.


 I adore how these turned out, so neat in person with the Glossy Accents on the inside! I was so in love with the look of the inking on the edges of the glitter paper that I had to try it again, so you'll see that again. The look maybe one of my most favorite paper/inking combo's! 


 All these lovely papers are by DCWV, their last spring stack...I've used it a bunch and now the name has slipped me...

 I'll be back soon to report on my weekend, share stories (though not all of them~ wink!) and photos! So wish the in-laws good luck, cause they have the kiddo's this weekend and safe travels and I'll be back soon. Hopefully I'll work on putting a big post together with my completed wedding album...I hope he loves it and sees all I've put into it, it wasn't a costly gift but something given from my heart. I love him more then I could ever say....

xoxo ~Leah

12 comments:

Distressed Miss said...

Leah this is simply stunning sweetie. I'm sure hubbie will love it, as you say it comes from the heart and there is no greater gift than that. Have a fab weekend and can't wait to see the rest of the album.
Big Hugs
Clare
xx

Holly Hudspeth said...

This is such a great wedding layout. I love the use of the bells for that designated spot. TFS!

Lizzyc said...

Oh Happy Anniversary Leah! only 20 more years to catch me!! Your layout is beautiful.. love the bells!!

lizzyc said...

Hi Leah, sorry to be a bother, but some how blogger is not letting me log onto the design team blog, so could you (after your lovely weekend away...) send me the link to my hotmail account please.. I have emailed you my address so I dont put it up here.. thanks so much.. I hope your weekend is going great.. xx lizzy

Tracey Gregory said...

So beautiful and congrats! Have a great getaway!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Love this wedding l/o, Leah! Hope you and your hubby enjoy your weekend away....be blessed!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Lovely layout and the wedding diecuts are just so pretty! Hope you have a great time away!

Laura Gilhuly said...

really pretty! Lovely work!

Shona said...

love all the die cuts...this is awesome :)

Fern said...

Congratulations Leah, on 10 years!!!! Your layout is beautiful and I love the shimmer!!!! I know you had a great time! ;o) Hugs!!!

Jane Stirling said...

Lovely page Leah. Loving the die cuts, and you rubbed Liquid Pearls into them to achieve the metallic look - nice one. This is sure going to be a stunning album - your hubby will LOVE it... Hugs xx

Nanne said...

Wow Leah.. I absolutely love this layout.. and such a great way to add the hanging detail.. Amazing as always..
hugs
Nanne
P.s. sorry so late to comment :)