Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hello! ~SOUS card sketch~


Hello!

 Happy Wednesday! I don't know if I want this week to hurry up and be over or if I want it to drag on...
My little girl had been sick over the weekend and into her school week and in just a couple days my hubby and I are taking the kids out of town....and I'm so so worried that the boys are next to get sick, or me! Ah! So part of me wants to wait it out and make sure everyone is healthy before thinking about packing...

 But...onto happier thoughts! I have a fun card choke full of stamping card to share with you today for this month's first Card Sketch from Stuck on U Sketches designed by this months host, Sandi C! Really a neat one, make sure to check it out!


 Starting with the background pieces, I've stamped the chevron and then cut it out along the pattern. I thought that needed something more so on top I've stamped a text print and then inked all the edges. Both chevron and text are Papertrey Ink background stamps. The chevron square and label are stamps and dies by PTI, Fabulous Frames (a very most favorite stamp collection!) I also in the same ink as the text stamp stamped the tiny polka dots (also a PTI background stamps).


 Lastly I cut the title using my Lyrical Letters Cricut cart. Diecut using Turning a New Leaf for the branches (stamp and die). I also added some hand cut canvas leaves and punches butterflies.

 My inks were CTMH and I used coordinating Distress Stickle colors (rock candy, peeled paint and story sky).

 This little card is on my favorite list for now! Those ones are hard to give away! LOL!

 I'll back back in a few for my Friday post for SOUS...excited to share that one as well!

~Leah

5 comments:

Margie said...

AAAAAACCCKKKKK!!!! I can't believe this day is finally here! Your card has such pretty, pretty colors, Leah and I love the look of the zig-zag stripes. Thanks for having me, Chickie! I'm having a blast!

Lizzyc said...

HI Leah, your card is gorgeous.. so much detail on a little card!! love this!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

Chevron stripes or bold stripey patterns can so easily go wrong! But not with you at the helm! I love how you tamed these stripes with your other elements. Masterfully done!

Holly Hudspeth said...

I am really liking the chevron twist on this design. Very creative.

Jane Stirling said...

Great card Leah, love the chevron paper, and the colour palette is gorgeous. The wee clusters around the tag are so sweet. Love it... Hugs xx