Friday, December 28, 2012

Hiking Go-semite! ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge~


Hiking Go-semite!

 Happy After Christmas! hehe! We have the neatest Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches....I deer-ly love Christmas! How cute is that, right? And oh dear...the deer, so many darling designs available these days! 

 Well I was super inspired by this challenge, however my idea was not a holiday project...but since it does include a deer, I thought I'd go ahead with it! I've got a ton of details here so let me get to it...




The title is a mix of Scrabble pieces and some cork letters. My Cricut title is a mix of Boys Will Be Boys (go) and Cuttin Up. I also added in a Basic Grey label sticker and heat embossed a little deer and mushroom (an older value set I got on sale at Joann). All the clouds are from Create a Critter.


 Here I've added some grass from Create a Critter. The sweet little deer is from Cindy Loo. And the RV badge is from Campin Critters. I've done some background stamping on it and added Crackle Accents to the white on the car. I also added a die cut, vacation stamp and some brads from my stash.


 Here is another badge, another critter from Cindy Loo and more brads and another embossed BG label. Similar elements added to each part on this double layout to keep it consistent.
 The wonderful woodgrain paper and the fussy cut woodgrain doily are both from Recollections, Today Tomorrow Forever. The blue strip of paper is Basic Grey Hopscotch.


 I simply can't get enough of this part of the page....I'm sure I'll find a reason to do this again! Both the branch (though a tree that I moved to cut only part of it using my Cricut Gypsy) and the birdhouse are from Cindy Loo. I stamped a Hero Arts woodgrain on the branch and added more punched butterflies. I adore this little birdhouse...popped with some acetate between that shows through the windows.


 I used a good number of Distress Inks; Walnut Stain, Stormy Sky, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy and Pine Needles.

 This was an extremely time consuming project but incredibly worth it since these photos are such treasures to me!

 Hope you all get to play or at least come see what our DT did with this challenge...see you soon!

6 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Hi Leah! This looks amazing, and a double too..love all the die cuts.. and I wish you a very Happy New Year!

Rose Red said...

Those little animals are cute!!! What a great mix you did with your title and especially the memory to go with it!

Tracey said...

WOW Leah....what an awesome double layout! So many great details...I'd love to visit that park some day, it looks Beautiful!!

Tammy E. said...

This is so 3-D! I absolutely love it!

Scrapping Girl said...

Absolutely LOVE this!!!!! I'm booking marking this idea, as I love all the layout details so much!!!!! Hope you had a marvelous Christmas :)

Holly Hudspeth said...

This is so cute Leah. I love camping but it is not my husband's thing. Haven't been in years. I hope you and your family have a great New Year.