Thursday, January 10, 2013

2 Day is Gr8 ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge, Switch a Roo~


2 Day is Gr8

 Oh, this is an exciting day!!!!!!!
 Since I started crafting in late 2007 I have been using only my Cricut Expression, then my Imagine machine, which I rarely use. Too lazy for the amount of trouble shooting always required for that. 
 Well this Christmas Santa surprised me with a Silhouette Cameo! Holy Jingle Bells!
 So happy!
 Days of looking online for images to get, playing and upgrading the software and here's my first creation!
 (oh my gosh...legions better then the crap I did with the Cricut in the beginning, LOL!)

 And, what a great something to share for our newest Die Cut Challenge at Stuck on U Sketches!

 Our super fun challenge.... Switch a Roo!
 Use a die cut in place of part of your title! How neat! Need ideas? Check out what our team created! 

 I started with this background "confetti" cut from the Sihouette store and knew immediately I wanted to do a background and this idea hit me! =)







 Our designers at SOUS this month had an extra challenge of trying to use up scraps. So I was able to pull some out to create the rainbow background and the rest of the elements on the page.

 Papers~ American Crafts (textured), the rest randomness from my scrap collection
Stamps~ Papertrey Ink- Banner Builder and die (toothpicks added to make my own flags)
Punches~ Martha Stuart butterflies
Embellies~ buttons and brads

 An easy but time consuming project...and fun too! But one of those "easy" ones that totally trashed my crafty space! LOL!

 Ok, thanks for visiting...

 ~Leah

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is just so colorful and cheery! So fun, Leah! :D

Vivian Lake said...

Whoa!!!! I'm so impressed by this!! LOVE it!!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Love it! Happy bright colors! Great first Cameo project!

STAMPMOM9 Dawn Gallop said...

Love it!!!!!! I too love the Cameo!! Wonderful layout! Hugs

Holly Hudspeth said...

I just love the random cuts as a background. Awesome!

Tammy E. said...

Oh my, this is so darn creative! And cute!!