Thursday, February 21, 2013

#1 Teacher ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Write!~


#1 Teacher

 So I guess I have always loved paper...as I child I would find games or things to do that included paper. I'd cut jewelry ads out and organize them and play store, or I'd use sheet after sheet of paper and get all the play phones out and play "operator". I'd have yarns tied to thumb tacks and write messages and transfer "lines". I also would ask for office supplies for every holiday! Ends up that I love to write as well! Journals, notes...just love the act of writing! I am such a note/list maker!

 Good memories.

 All that was the inspiration for the newest Die Cut Challenge over at Stuck on U Sketches...

WRITE

 I also LOVE myself some of these themed die cuts along this line and was super excited to work with this idea I had! I had also thought that I should of done this exact design and scrapped my own love of paper and writing...but as usual, the kids won out!






Papers~
We R Memory Keepers Hall Pass
papers, borders, embossed stickers and tags (all from the set)
Stickers~
date only, Echo Park
Diecuts~
Silhouette Cameo- Echo Park Pen, Pencil and Paintbrush (no paintbrush though)
(Papers~ Bazzil Dotted Swiss and card stock)
Embellies~
Want 2 Scrap and Craftaroo- gems and pearls
O'Scrap extra large brads

 Best part of this layout is that I actually was able to create it on a day when my whole family was home! Hubby included! You all know that's rare! Plus, I also made homemade chicken broth and lemon chicken and spinach pasta! =)

 Oh, I won't be around this weekend...we are hitting the road for Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's 65th wedding anniversary! Isn't that wonderful! I can't wait to see my husband's family and his awesome cousins. Makes me wish so badly we lived closer...would be such a blessing to have both sides of the family in one place. But I'll settle for a small road trip, hope the kids are good! Wish me luck! 

 See you all soon then....

 ~Leah

8 comments:

Holly Hudspeth said...

What a cute layout. I love the banners over the pencils and the pencil background. Great take on the theme. Love it.

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah, I really love all the layers you got going on!
That background paper is cool ...
Great layout
Hugs

Vivian Lake said...

this is just SO CUTE! I understand about loving something and then still scrapping about your child! LOL

Nanne said...

Oh this is so great.. love that banner, plus the strips just make this layout pop..
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Cl~ said...

Amazing! I think this one is a new fave! It's adorable and I love the colors!

Fern said...

Leah, this is super cute!!! Love the banners and pencils!!! Hugs!!

Sylvie said...

Love all the elements, Leah! So cute!

Shilo said...

very cool way to create a background with ALL those pencils - clever