Tuesday, February 19, 2013

These Are The Days


These Are The Days

 What is up my people!
 Hope you are all doing fantastic!
 I've been a busy Momma lately with lots of baking and cooking and creating projects! 
 I noticed that I must have been hibernating these last months and knew I needed a change this year. So each day I am trying to make count, no more sitting on my butt. No more spending all day of FB (which I'm kinda new to for the most part). So each day I find a project to do, something to reorganize. I work til nap time, have lunch and then create until it's time to pick the big kids up from school. It's been a great routine! And my house looks great!
 And how dare I forgot to mention...that for Lent, I gave up sweets and TV. God probably doesn't want us making a big deal of "hey what did you give up?" but still fun to see what people do, or don't do. And most importantly, for awhile now I am really getting into reading the Bible. Cause, isn't that the point? Ok...moving right along...getting a lil' chatty now....



Papers~
Basic Grey Gypsy (no clue how old this line is!)
Stamps~
Pink Paislee Hometown Summer
(girl, watermelon and popsicle (tone on tone stamping on pink background)(see above)
Hampton Art-sentiment
Inks~
Distress Tumbled Glass, Black Soot
Shine~
Distress Stickles Picket Fence, Black Soot
Stickles Baby Pink
black embossing powder 
black pearls
Punches~
Fiskars wave
Diecuts~
Sizzix flourish

 And here's the sketch I designed...


 Thanks for visiting today! I am thrilled to share Friday's layout with you, so make sure to come back!

6 comments:

Margie said...

Leah, your card has me smiling! Cute image, pretty colors and really neat heat embossing! :)
How'd that chicken turn out?

Kim- www.agirlandherstamps.blogspot.com said...

Hi Leah! I love your card! Its been freezing here in MN! I'm talking like minus 20! Lol Your card gets me excited for summer! That's great about lent! And I hear ya on less time on FB, etc. I just deactivated for that reason! Lol Since your into reading the Bible....check out The Harbinger. Excellent book!!

Scrapping Girl said...

Your card is making me long for some summer!!! (Especially as it's snowing like a mad dog here today-nothing like a foot of snow to make summer seem far away...) Love the heat embossing!

Debbie said...

Gosh you sure are organized girl! Send some of it my way!!! Super cute card, love the colors!

Jane Stirling said...

This card is too cute Leah, loving the little image and the rubber ring is a hoot... Hugs xx

annette said...

terrific Card my Friend really cute !!..I too have decided on less time on fb... more time for me & things I need to do !!!
Good girl on your restriction on sweets & TV through Lent ..many blessings to you & yours .. Hugz xx