Tuesday, March 5, 2013

HB 2 U ~SOUS Card Sketch March 6~


HB 2 U

 Oh you guys, I am SO cracking up! I have made the funniest crafty mistake yet...and no, it's not photographed! But apparently my inside sentiment was Happy HOLIDAY Wishes (not birthday!) Oops!
 Maybe I'll still send it that way and look like a big dork! =)

 Well this little creation is for our current Card Sketch at Stuck on U Sketches.  Which you'll see at the end of my post...I did a little flipping for my card. 



Papers~
Basic Grey Wander 6x6 pack
Stamps and Dies~
Imaginisce Snag Em'
Papertrey Ink Heart to Heart Die #6 (clouds)
Embellies~
buttons, black twine and white yarn
Webster Pages letter stickers
Inks~
Distress Vintage Photo

 Here is the flipped sketch. The idea for the airplane and hand cut banner came to me when looking at the sketch from this way. The next idea was the clouds for the squares since I knew I wanted my sentiment in the banner behind the airplane. I think it came together well...since ideas don't always turn out like we first think! 


 Well that's it for me today!
 Thanks for visiting! I have some more recipes to share and a great layout coming up for Friday! See you then friends!

 ~Leah



6 comments:

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

LOVE the "cool vibe" this card has and your story about the inside sentiment cracked me up! Don't feel bad-- I pull dorky moves at least once a day!

Margie said...

LOL! I've done that before with inside sentiments. Sometimes, they're upside down :) Kooky me!
LOVE the papers and really nice to see someone use those little Snag "em stamps! Why do I buy those suckers if I'm never gonna use them? Cool take on the sketch too!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, this is so adorable! Love the plane and clouds! How cute for a um-hum Happy Holiday card .. LOL .. just kidding. My trick is doing them upside down ... makes me so mad at myself.!

annette said...

lovin' this card Leah !!! I never ever put sentiments on the inside of my cards till I'm ready to give them coz I know there would be an ERROR !!!. blessings & Hugz

Holly Hudspeth said...

What a cute card! I am loving that airplane. Into my faves this one goes. Simply awesome!

Jane Stirling said...

Cute card Leah, the wee plane is perfect trailing its birthday banner - too cute... Hugs xx