Thursday, March 7, 2013

Lucky 4 U ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Shamrock~


Lucky 4 U

  Today at Stuck on U Sketches is another Die Cut Challenge. This challenge at first seemed hard, since  well how many of us actually celebrate St. Patricks Day (I say that even with some Irish blood pumping through me). But once I starting thinking outside the box, and past the color green...it was no problem! You will also see what the girls did as well...some green, some not! =)

Shamrock




Papers~
Crate Paper Story Teller and Farmhouse
My Minds Eye Bramble Rose
Die Cuts~
All Cricut Expression
Create a Critter 
(heart rainbow, lucky, horseshoe)
A Childs Year (shamrocks)
Cindy Loo(4)
Sweethearts (hearts)
Embellies~
twine, Basic Grey chipboard
Ink~
Distress Vintage Photo, white acrylic paint for background
Shine~
green pearls, blue and yellow gems 

 I really ended up happy with this page. I think the huge mix of prints agains't the simple background allowed it to stay interesting but not overwhelm. 
 I am so totally in love with the white splatters on the dark that I have a space layout coming together in my mind...fun!

 Well, I'm getting a new stand up freezer today! So you know I'll be doing some organizing this weekend! And hopefully crafting as well! The kids have a 4 day weekend! Hurray!

 ~Leah


14 comments:

Staying Crafty said...

This is fantastic! I love the colors and the patterns. There's so much interest and fun but it doesn't look too busy :)

Sylvie said...

Leah! I just love this page! The rainbow cluster/title is awesome!! And thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. I feel like I'm the lucky one! LOL!

Margie said...

Way to think outside the box, Leah! LOVE these muted colors! Great layout!

Lisa said...

So beautiful! I love the papers you used and all of the pretty colors! Just gorgeous, Leah! :)

magicwanda said...

Oh Leah , what a great layout!
I was waiting to see what die cut the title was from ...
I have create a critter I really like that cut! I like how you used the different patterned papers for the rainbow, sooo cool! Awesome job !
Hugs Wanda

Kim said...

Love, love, love your style!!!!! Following you now and looking forward to your inspiration.....
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandi Cl~ said...

This is adorable! Love the paint spatters and that wonderful mix of pp! Those are some yummy ones. Then the whole rainbow, shamrock, title cluster are simply divine! You aced it, gf!

Holly Hudspeth said...

Leah I love the paper rainbow on that dark background paper. Your title is awesome too. Great job!

Vivian Lake said...

Love how you made this work for you. Great way to get out of that box!!

Tracey said...

Wow Leah, awesome layout.....think I should think more out of the box like you. Fabulous!!

Sukie said...

Super cute layout, love your choice of colors! I am a total layout person so I love checking out other layouts. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment! And yes, it is absolutely beautiful in California this week. I will be heading down south in a couple of days and it will be just as gorgeous!

By the way, I am a new follower of your blog and am looking forward to more of your creations! Sukie

Fern said...

Great layout, Leah!!!! Love your splattered background and the die cuts are perfect for the challenge!!! Hugs!!