Thursday, March 28, 2013

You Are My Sunshine ~SOUS Layout Sketch March 29~


You Are My Sunshine

 I simply can't believe another month has slipped by. It's going to be Summer before we know it and I'm going to have my kids all day long...yikes! LOL! Hopefully we'll find lots to do and it won't be too tough! =)

 Well we have another sketch challenge at Stuck on U Sketches and I'm sharing my loose interpretation of it! Normally I follow sketches a bit better then this but I was certainly inspired and went with it...



 To keep with the sketch and the stripes running on the page, I decided to draw in some "borders". In the whispy white reflecting the clouds on the page. I was inspired by the sketch and the lines as to where my embellishments should go, so that's another way to view a sketch and use it!


Papers~
Echo Park Dots & Stripes- Concrete small dots B side(base)
Echo Park Dots & Stripes- Lemon Drop small dots (sun)
Echo Park Dots & Stripes- Teal large dot, A Boys Life- Rambunctious (clouds)
Echo Park Little Boy- Buttons B side (title)
Walmart black card stock
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Cameo, 5 clouds, sun, title
Embellies~
buttons
American Crafts twine, blue and red
pearls by Craftaroo

 I gotta say about this layout. I really enjoyed creating it. Design and detail are more on the simple side but I guess with the color and die cuts this page still really pops. It was great to be able to create and even better that this wasn't a page that took all day to make! It's nice to be able to scrapbook different styles when you are in the mood. 

 Thanks for stopping in! Happy Friday!

~Leah

10 comments:

caroleanne said...

Hi Leah, Happy Easter and great layout, sometimes simple is best as it really captures the photo and the mood, really lovely. bfn x

Sandi Cl~ said...

So very cute! You are rocking that Cameo!

Shona said...

what a gorgeous photo :) this is so bright and so much fun!!!!!!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

Happy Easter! Love your take on the sketch! I love how you shadowed all your elements in black cause it sure makes everything pop!

Tracey Gregory said...

This is so sweet and fun!

Jane Stirling said...

Happy Easter to you and the family Leah. Your layout is divine, love the sun and the black matting, sure does make it pop! Hugs xx

Patries said...

Love it Leah, simply beautifull, have nice easter days with the family ;)

Fern said...

Super cute layout, Leah!!! Photo is absolutely adorable!!! Hugs!!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Gorgeous photo on your layout and the backing really makes everything pop! Love the clouds. Too cute.

Nanne said...

oh this is just too too cute Leah.. love the prints on the clouds.. Amazing as always
Hugs
Nanné