Friday, April 26, 2013

Greetings Earthling! ~SOUS April 26 Sketch~


Greetings Earthling!

 Getting caught up in my days and forgot to get my posty ready today! Yikes!

 I have no idea how I forgot to share this bad boy! LOL! 

 We have a killer sketch today designed for Stuck on U Sketches by Nanne! Love it! 

 I know I recently did a similar page, with the space theme. However awhile back I had posted a layout similar with a black background and was dying to redo it again for a space theme since the black and white splattered paint obviously screamed a starry sky! Plus, I simply wasn't over the fun space theme...so there! =)







 Lots of pictures! Let me see if I can tackle the list of what I did...LOL!

 Papers~
Walmart Black card stock
DCWV Edumaction and Generation Tech
Silhouette Cut and Print for space ships and aliens
Die Cutting~
Silhouette Store
Inks~
White acrylic paint for splatters
Distress Ink, Vintage Photo, Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, 
Stormy Sky and Black Soot
Misc~
White gel pen for journaling and doodled edges
yellow gems
googly eyes
Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics for stamping detail on diecuts. 

 I really wanted more black to show then all the layering in the original sketch. Cutting "frames" out of the pieces is a great way to have the added texture, layering and prints but without adding or taking away from the background. Next time I could even cut those "frames" a bit thinner to show more background. Just a thought...

 Ok, sorry for being late! Hope I was worth the wait! =)

 ~Leah

7 comments:

Jossie Michel said...

Girl this is awsome! I love love love all the layering!

Super cute!

Tracey Gregory said...

saw this at sb.com and LOVE it! One of my absolute faves from you!

Charlotte Brochu said...

Leah, I just giggled when I saw the title of this layout! Too cute and those space ships are just adorable.

Sandi Cl~ said...

Oh, this is a cute one for sure! Love your colors and those sweet space ships!

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

This is adorable, Leah! Love all the layered frames and the paint splatters! You do such awesome Cricut work!

Fern said...

Leah this is so fun!!!! Love all of the space die cuts!!! And of course your kiddos are too cute!!!! Hugs!!!

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Leah; this is a work of art!! Love all the layering and all the detail. Really great!

Hugs