Thursday, April 18, 2013

Shell We Go To The Beach ~SOUS Die Cut Challenge Crustacean~


Shell We Go To The Beach?

 I remember when I had started on the Cricut message board that I had posted a project with something misspelled. I had comments letting me know, private messages informing me of my error. I laughed...and then deleted the comments, LOL! 
 I bring this up because thanks guys...I already know!
 My title...
 But let me tell you, I had a heck of a time deciding on paper and font. This was my third time cutting and so my 3rd set of pattern papers, another new font...

 Shell We TO GO The Beach? 

 Oops...

 Oh well...moving along...

 This fun challenge....let me see if I can get this spelled right (auto corrector ready?) our 
Stuck on U Sketches die cut challenge...

 Crustacean (shells, shelled sea creatures, crab, lobster, etc)

 I was inspired by the Project Life like block designing for this and really enjoyed creating this way!






Papers~
woodgrain base paper, MME Bramble Rose
yellow chevron and yellow/pink arrow design: Fancy Pants; The Good Life
yellow ledger and pink for word labels: Crate Paper; Farmhouse
blue polka dot (behind title words): Kaiser Craft; Check In
blue behind shells and yellow stripes: Paper Studio: The World Awaits
pink map print: Crate Paper: Storyteller 
Stamps~
Papertrey Ink, text background stamp in Scattered Straw
(tone on tone stamping on yellow ledger paper for title piece)
Die Cuts~
font, dafont.com for title
shells, word labels and arrows
Silhouette Store/Designer Edition Software
Embellies~
heart paper punch
Basic Grey Fact and Fiction for diecut pieces, chipboard,
transparencies and flare/cloth brads
 Lil' Davis bottlecaps
American Crafts bakers twine
Shine~
Stickles in yellow, diamond, baby pink

 For someone that never knows what I've used...writing thing down in a notebook as I create is super helpful! And all for YOU! =)  Can you stand how much printed paper I used! Geez, I literally had out 10 stacks of paper choosing prints for this! That hardest time to date on picking papers! Ugh!

 Hope you love! For the struggle this was, I'm really happy with the turn out...these photos each, are treasures to me! They each deserve their own scrapbook page...maybe someday...

 Well thanks for stopping by!  

~Leah

8 comments:

Margie said...

What????? NO CRAB???!!!! LOL! LOVE the title and I never would have thought to mention your play on words was a typo, so don't you dare delete my comment!!! LMBO! Fabulous layout, Leah! Dig those bottle caps!

Leah (*BeeCherryLady*) said...

No the SHELL typo...read again my title...I switched go to with ...to go...

LOL!

Nanne said...

Project life you say...LOL amazing layout and I too love this style and can't wait to make some of my own..wink wink...
and I'm with Margie, what??? No crab????..LOL Awesome layout by an amazing lady..
hugs
Nanné

Holly Hudspeth said...

Love these pics! Love the layout! Beachy fun!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Who says you can't make a shell instead of a crabby ole crab ... LOL Great pages .. adorable photos and I think all those prints look awesome together!

Debbie said...

Cute layout Leah! Had you not mentioned the misspelling in the title I never would have noticed it.

Sylvie said...

Hehehehe. Tricky girl! And I see that you and I were on the same wave length with the PL theme. :) Great page, Leah!!

Fern said...

Leah, this is too cute... Love the play on words.. and the photos of the kiddos are so fun!!!! Hugs!!!