Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Happy Splash ~Artful Delight May Scrapbook Kit~


Happy Splash

 Hello! Hello!
 I'm sharing another project today for the amazing Artful Delight! I've again had the chance to use the May scrapbook kit and fell in love with this cool chevron! The yellow's in this kit really were perfect since that's a lifelong favorite color of mine and I loved the splash of grey and blue as well!
 I really enjoyed making this page as well...the mix of textures with the elements from the kit was perfect! 

 I layered a good amount of goodies from the kit here in the main focal cluster. I've used the sun and clouds rub-on as well as the large camera. I very carefully rubbed the area I wanted on the yellow card stock from the kit then on the floral from the kit. I simply trimmed those 2 pieces out and reconnected it! There was a few tiny spots that weren't perfect but you can't even tell with using a black pen to fix those lines! Easy and love the layered look! Happy is a sheer stickers from the kit as are the green letters placed on a word bubble stamp included in the kit. I used some paper from the kit diecut with some leaves. So pleased how this turned out and loved how much I was able to include from the kit! I almost forgot to mention the handcut polaroid I created! =)


 I love this printed paper and knew I wanted to do something with it the second I opened this kit! I was happy to be able to use it here and love the stamping on top of the printed imagery. I used some grey Distress Embossing powder and a single rub on as well. The butterfly's were created using the washi tape. I simply layered the tape on white card stock and then punched away! Just a bit different from using regular paper because of the transparency of the tape and texture!


  Thanks for stopping in to visit! 

 ~Leah

2 comments:

Julie Odil said...

Oh, that is a happy chevron! Great LO!

Scrapping Girl said...

Love how you did the butterfly with the washi tape-I've just bought some but have been at a bit of a loss on how to use it, so I'm making note of cool ideas! Very nice layout!
Michelle