Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memories ~SOUS May 24 Sketch by Leah~


Memories

 Can I scream on here? THANK THE LORD THAT IT'S FRIDAY!
 What a week! What a month! There has been so much devestation in the States not to mention the other yucky stuff in the news. Sigh.
 My husband's Grandpa passed away and he and Grandma are the only grandparents I've ever known in my life so loosing him was terribly sad for me. 
 A day ago I also got some sickening news that my childhood best friend is going to undergo brain surgery. I don't want to get into it much but I will say....if ANY of you have ANY faith in our Lord then I ask you, beg you, to pray for her and for her family. Her young boys. 
 Ok, I'm going to move on before I'm unable to do so...

 Here's my sketch for Stuck on U Sketches...






Papers~
My Minds Eye-chevron
DCWV My Sunshine-lattice and dot
green card stocks from scraps
vellum
Stamps~
Papertrey Ink Rosie Posie (small tag) and
Hanging by a Thread (thread card)
Fabulous Frames
Dies~
Papertrey Ink Tiny Tags
Hanging by a Thread die
Turning a New Leaf 
Fabulous Frames
Inks~
Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain and Antique Linen
Embellies~
diecut and transparency Basic Grey
Basic Grey stickers
brads
bottlecap
My Minds Eye  tag
stamped embellishments
Tim Holtz stick pin and mini paperclip
red trim, Girls Paperie
and red floss

 Ok, now I'm tired...LOL!
 Thanks for stopping in and thanks for the prayers!
 Hope you all enjoy the long weekend! 

 ~Leah

11 comments:

caroleanne said...

HI Leah, such a fun happy layout to end a sad week. Am praying. Bye for now.

Charlotte Brochu said...

Great photos Leah! The colors you've chosen for your layout really compliment them! So sorry to hear about all the sadness surrounding you right now and you know I have you and all your loved ones in my prayers.

Tracey said...

Fun layout Leah....cute photos, love it! Thinking of you this past week:)

Tracey Gregory said...

She is in my prayers,Leah. Wicked cute layout!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Such a great page! And you know I've got you all covered in prayer!

annette said...

Leah, dear girl what a time for you .. you & your friend & both your families are in my thoughts & prayers .. great LO love the pics .. luv & big hugz xx

Patries said...

Love this happy layout!

Jane Stirling said...

Great layout Leah and such happy photo's too. Loving the bottle cap. Thanks for the great sketch - right down my alley. You and your loved ones are in my thoughts... Hugz xx

Cathy Caines said...

You really knocked it out of the park this time!! I am saddened by your news - give my best to everyone. It wont be easy so take it minute by minute.

Fern said...

Wonderful layout, Leah!! You definitely did an awesome job with the sketch!!! Keeping you and yours in my heart!! Hugs!!

Nanne said...

Leah, this is amazing.. love love love all of the details you added.. You are an amazing scrapper..
hugs
Nanné