Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Adoption ~Artful Delight June Scrapbook Kit~


Adoption

 Hi there! I'm sharing today another layout using the Artful Delights June scrapbook kit! Love this kit! Said it before but it's a very versatile set of papers and I love that! 
 My page today is a pretty special one. Telling, hand's down, part of my life's biggest story! Starting with the adoption of my sister Katie when I was 12 years old. Because that single choice of that young woman to have her baby adopted by a family, 23 years ago. That choice changed my life and put the desire into my heart and because of that...I adopted my first child, Scotti. The fitting part is that these two are really close and have always been. And funny part, is that their age difference is just a couple years more then mine and Katie's! In our family, we're just close, age differences having very little to do with anything! 
 I had a wonderful time layering up some hand cut pieces from the pattern papers and adding in bits here, lots of stickers and there are the included embellies! =)



 Well folks...the countdown has begun! 3 days left of school this year! =)
 Thanks for visiting and letting me share my story...our story! 

 ~Leah

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

How very special!! My youngest daughter is adopted too! What a beautiful way to extend our families!!

Sandi Cl~ said...

Aw, I'm getting all teary-eyed here! Wonderful job piling on this fabulous embellies! Looks great!

Tracey said...

Love this one Leah.....what a wonderful story, very special indeed!

Sandi Cl~ said...

I came by to see your Die Cut project .. was thinking you had one this time. Maybe not! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs!