Thursday, July 11, 2013

Birthday Candles ~SOUS DieCut Challenge Flourish~


Birthday Candles

Another Friday is upon us and that means another challenge at your neighborhood challenge blog (LOL) Stuck on U Sketches!
 We are on rotation for a Die Cut Challenge this time and it's a great one, useful...FLOURISHES

 I knew I'd be creating a card for my best friend that just turned 40! =) And so designed this using my Silhouette software. I actually put the card together and thought it could use more so ended up adding the birthday banner and flowers and extra flourishes. More is more! 



 The background was first stamped in Versamark and dusted with Perfect Pearls. Then I fit to shape some flourishes on the background. Though once I added everything else, they all but disappear but I guess just added more layers and dimension to the overall effect.


 What, she did the inside? =) Yep, she did! LOL! Had to photograph to prove it!


Papers~
My Mind's Eye (orange/white grid)
purples and blue American Crafts card stock
Recollections cream card stock
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Store:
circles for card base, scalloped circles,
flourishes, candles, happy birthday banner
Metal die's, Sizzix flourishes
Embellies~
Recollections flowers
Stamps~
Ink, Versamark
Retired Music Notes background stamp Stampin Up
Perfect Pearls hot pink
Shine~
Stickles Ice, Stickles in yellow and pink

 Okay darling friends! Thanks for stopping in!

 ~Leah

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Wow Leah, this is card is amazing!! I love the shape and think it looks so neat with the circle being the base and the scallop being the layer!! Love that! Love your flourish and I love those giant candles!! Your birthday banner is perfect and shinny!! I know your friend will love it and I love how beautiful the inside is too! Hugs!

Tammy E. said...

Wow! Absolutely wonderful!