Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Thinking of Summer ~Artful Delight August Scrapbook Kit~


Thinking of Summer

 I for sure think this page for Artful Delight has that Summer vibe, don't you think? I was excited to see this print in the August kit because I thought it was something unusual and also something that screamed "boy". Because let's face it, there never seems enough out there for more boy/guy pages and so I thought that was the way to go...(sidenote, the b-side of the paper is a fabulous blue woodgrain and was almost so good I had a hard time using this side! LOL!)

 This is probably one of the more simple pages that I've done but one of my favorite's. I love the simple but happy details of this and love how even though the page is interesting that the sweet lakeside photo of my little guy stands the focus!


All embellies are from Artful Delight kits...most, of course from the current August kit but just a few things, like the bakers twine, are from previous kits...so so so...just get the kits monthly. They work together! =)


 Well...one more day and my baby...not this one, but my oldest baby (only a Mom would get that, right?) turns 9...I can't believe it! Almost double digits! =) So back to getting things ready for some birthday fun!

 ~Leah

2 comments:

Ruth G said...

I love when I find great papers for "the boys", too! Gotta definitely go with it while you've got it!!!
I had more to say, but then my chatty son came down and erased it all from my brain. Just know, I really like this! I think it's pretty wonderful!

Tracey said...

Fabulous Leah! I love simple too...it is all about the photo! Love the cute embellishments and the fun pattern paper is perfect. Great page:)

And ps. wow... thank you so much for the lovely comment you left me. I really enjoy being part of SOUS..some weeks it really challenges me, but thats what its all about! It has helped me to think outside the box and be more creative! Thanks for having me!