Thursday, August 1, 2013

This Moment ~SOUS August 2 Sketch~


This Moment

 Another Friday has made it's way around! Whew! And pretty much all our Summer plans are behind us. So what's to finish the Summer before school starts? Lots of playing with friends and hopefully lots of crafting time for Momma! However before all that, I've been getting my house back in order. After needing to replace a section of carpet in the boys room and having that room emptied, etc. I was desperate to have my house looking good! And now it is! 

 Now thinking crafty time!

 And so how about I share a layout and my sketch designed for Stuck on U Sketches! Hope you all like both! I really do like the sketch and can see using this one again! And, man did I follow the sketch well! Normally, wether I've designed the sketch or not, I don't follow it so closely but this time I really tried! And love the result. 

 You can't really tell I think but man this puppy was time consuming! All the layered cuts, border punches, adding Glossy Accents...just took forever to come together. Not to mention having a really really hard time deciding what to do for embellishing once I had the main page done! 







 Papers~
DCWV All Boys (an older stack)
and some scraps of solid card stock
Die Cuts~
Silhouette; Circle This Moment (though I added in a ducky where they had a heart instead!),
more circles, and banners, boat and ducks.
Embellies~
Glossy Accents (which I thought was a great addition since the papers had gloss finishes
as well. Always time consuming but worth it!)
Epoxy Dots
Echo Park stickers

And my sketch for SOUS!

 Well I'm glad you came by and hope that Summer plans are still in full effect for you...though I am glad for some quiet days ahead...going to be weird having my babies go back to school! I'm actually not sick of them yet...and yes, I said yet! =)

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh this is a darling layout Leah! I love how you did your title and your pics are just too cute!! Hugs!

Sandi Clarkson said...

One of your very cutest! I adore this sketch and hope to use it soon. Just something about it is class act!

Lizzyc said...

Ah that is a lovely sketch, and your layout is sooo cute! great photos!!

Jane Stirling said...

Another cutie Leah, that second photo is too adorable! Loving the blue tartan paper... Hugs xx

WhiteRacoon said...

Really cute! Love the way you cut the title through, all the embellies - not so many, just adding adorable touches and accents to support the theme. The guy is very handsome ;)

Erica Ortiz said...

Omgoodness Leah, this is freakin adorable! That pic is too cute!

Eli said...

Thanks, Leah, for your lovely comment. I know, I'm not able to comment: it's very hard for me translate my thoughts in English...
But I regularly visit your blog and I really like your style very much.