Friday, August 16, 2013

Time Goes By In A Flash ~SOUS August 16 Sketch~


Time Goes By In A Flash

 We have a new sketch challenge for you folks today at Stuck on U Sketches! Hope you like the sketch I created for you all! =) My first time playing with some different things and really did enjoy the outcome. I know this for sure looks different from most of my other sketches! 


 I had an insane good time putting this together...well...after I got into the groove of adding details. The base of a layout goes together well enough and I did have all the cuts designed but knew I wanted more and after I got moving on this, the page flew together and I had a really good time with it!

 The punch of red was added as an afterthought and looking for what else I wanted to add...I took that bit of red from the swing in the photo and love the extra punch to the page as a whole. So that was fun! I know my pages are more childish and bright so this whole vibe was something a bit different for me and that also made it extra fun to make!




Papers~
Authentique 
DCWV
and Basic Grey
and light green vellum by Mrs Grossman's
(sadly I'm not home while I'm doing my text and forgot my notes at home)
Die Cuts~
Silhouette Online Store;
circle background shape, camera reels, film rolls, film strips
viewfinder and flourishes
and title (dafont.com)
Embellies~
feathers
pearls
butterfly punches by MS
floral mix from my stash
brads
and sticker letters by Echo Park

 Hope you all have a great weekend! The kids and I are spending a couple more days at my mom's before school starts next week! Next week! Oh gosh...here already! =)

6 comments:

Nicolle Kramer said...

Sweet pics and the title is sooo true! Love every detail on this layout..Beautiful layout! xoxox

Nanne said...

This is so awesome.. Love the pops of red with all of those wonderful elements.. You rocked this sketch :)
hugs
Nanné

Sandi Clarkson said...

Aw, so cute! Love these colors together! School?? That is sooo hard to believe!

Charlotte Brochu said...

You've done such a great job embellishing this layout! I love what you've done with the pops of red too!

Jane Stirling said...

You've done an awesome job with this sketch - your sketch - loved working with this one! The pop of red really does finish it off. Fab layout Leah... Hugs xx

Jane Stirling said...

You've done an awesome job with this sketch - your sketch - loved working with this one! The pop of red really does finish it off. Fab layout Leah... Hugs xx